Caustic soda up on July
- THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p95
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry worldwide as of December 1999. Increase in the price of caustic soda; Growth of polymers in Europe; Status of the ethylene market in Europe; Percentage of growth of the polyester market.
- markets & economics. // Chemical Week;8/23/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 32, p41
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues as of August 2000. Increase on the price of caustic soda in the United States; Contract price of styrene; Factors that caused the tight ethylene market.
- Production rates up on 2003. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;1/10/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2129, p12
Reports on an increase in chlorine production in Western Europe in November 2004. Capacity utilization rates in November 2004; Factors that contributed to the recovery of stocks of caustic soda, a co-product of chlorine.
- Little cheer for caustic soda. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p12
Provides an update on the caustic soda markets as of January 2004. Percentage of increase in chlorine production in Europe; Information on caustic soda stocks; Plan of European producers to remain competitive with the U.S.
- EDC hits ten-year high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 473, p22
Reports on the market performance of chlor-alkali products in Asia as of December 2004. Factors that contributed to the price stability of ethylene dichloride; Decrease in the price of vinyl chloride monomer; Reasons behind the increase in prices of caustic soda.
- Market news: The international scene. // Chemical Business;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p90
Presents news on various chemical industries worldwide. Chaos in European marketplace for ethylene and propylene markets; Forecast for the caustic soda markets in 1998; Pressure on British ammonium nitrate prices from low-priced Russian imports; Proposal to lift domestic polyethylene prices by...
- INORGANICS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p22
The article presents news briefs related to the inorganic chemical industry including lack of availability of caustic soda in Latin America until the end of 2010, hold up of the caustic soda force majeure (FM) by France-based Arkema until the stocks are higher in various distribution centers and...
- Problems of caustic soda units. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p27
Reports on India's caustic soda industry. Total installed capacity; domestic demand; Government's policy which directs the industry to convert its technology to a more environment-friendly one; Percentage of caustic soda production which are based on the mercury cell and membrane cell...
- Caustic drops. // Chemical Week;6/19/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 24, p36
Reports on caustic soda contracts in the chemical industry for 1996.