Outages cause low Ukrainian ammonia
- Mississippi Chemical Shuts Ammonia Plant in Ailing Market. Adams, Jarret // Chemical Week;7/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 27, p15
Reports that Mississippi Chemical will shut its Triad Nitrogen ammonia unit at Donaldsonville, Louisiana on August 1, 1999 due to market conditions. Reason for sales decline in 1999; Comments from analyst David Silver; Locations of other ammonia plants of the firm.
- Ammonia Plants Idled in Face of Wilting Demand. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;6/18/2002, Vol. 259 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the decision of several ammonia producers in North America to shut down their plants. Factors that influence ammonia production; Decline in the demand for ammonia; Temporary closure of the ammonia and urea capacity of Terra Industries Inc.
- PCS Idles Ammonia Plant on Weak Pricing. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/8/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the decision of nitrogen producer Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan to curtail ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate production in 2002. Production capacity at the Potash facility; Percentage of the total capacity in North America which was curtailed; Decline in ammonia pricing; Permanent...
- Agrium, Terra Cut Back Nitrogen Production as Demand Weakens. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/13/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the decision of Agrium and Terra Industries to reduce ammonia production in 2001. Factors which led to the reduction; Chemical plants closed by Agrium; Other companies that reduced their nitrogen production.
- Haifa Chemicals plans ammonia JV. Arad, Shimshon // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p21
Reports that Israel and Jordan have considered a joint project to produce ammonia in Negev and Haifa Chemical plans on building an ammonia plant.
- Ammonia. // Chemical Week;10/19/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p56
Focuses on the ammonia industry. Use of ammonia as fertilizers; Price of ammonia in the United States and Europe; Boost on ammonia demand due to early planting season; Shortfalls in world ammonia supply; Technological developments in production of ammonia.
- Ammonia. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p18
Presents an assessment of the European market for ammonia as of February 2003. Uses of ammonia; Factor which hinders the price recovery of ammonia; Information on technological improvements in the production of ammonia.
- U.S. Geological Survey. APODACA, L. E. // Mining Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p61
The article offers information on the U.S. production, consumption and trade of ammonia. Due to its large reserves of natural gas, Louisiana is said to be one of the three major producers of ammonia in the U.S. Aside from being used in the manufacture of fertilizers, ammonia is also used in the...
- AMMONIA. // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p30
Reports on the state of the ammonia industry in North America, Japan and western Europe as of September 2000. Projected global demand growth in 2000; Information on how ammonia is produced; Five ammonia licensers which dominate the market.