PTA market feels pressure
- PBT prices expected to increase in '05. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2125, p10
Focuses on the preparations being made by European polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) producers for possible price increases in 2005. Optimistic outlook of producers for the market performance; Reason behind the increase in price of unfilled PBT; Market performance feedstocks.
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- P-xylene tightness drives up PTA prices. Kim, Hyung-Jin; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/30/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the increase in prices of feedstock due to tightening supplies of feedstock terephthalic acid (PTA) in Korea. Rise in prices of para-xylene feedstock by Amoco; Easing of tightness in supply by start up of Mobil's p-xylene plant in Singapore.
- PBT margins are eroded. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2160, p13
Reports on a decline in polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) market in Europe in 2005. Effect of increasing feedstock costs on PBT; Price condition of several chemicals, including purified terephthalic acid; Increase in PBT price in 2004.
- Asia PTA makers want less July PX. LOH, BOHAN; Zhang, Becky // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 23, p21
The article reports that Asian producers of purified terephthalic acid have attempted to minimize losses by reducing volumes of feedstock paraxylene in their July 2012 contracts.
- Latin America PET prices lower in June. COIFMAN, RON // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) prices in Latin America between January-June 2012. Topics include statistics related to PET prices in Asia, the impact of a drop in Asia PET and feedstock prices, such as purified terephthalic acid (PTA), on the Latin America PET sector,...
- PURIFIED TEREPHTHALIC ACID. // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p60
The article reports that European purchasers of purified terephthalic acid face the prospect of significant price increases. Purified terephthalic acid is mainly used in the production of polyester. Contracts in March 2008 settled at Â£797-824/tonne for free delivered northwest Europe, a...
- PTA/MEG hikes push producers to up operating rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the decision of Asian purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) producers to increase its operating rates in both products. Price increase of spot PTA; Percentage increase of the PTA operating rate of Samsung Petrochemical; Information on the MEG production of...
- Snug acetic acid hits high. Lee, Helen; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p25
The article focuses on prices of spot acetic acid in Asia, which have reached a one year high. Some sellers claim that prices are being held up by tightness, robust demand from new downstream purified terephthalic acid (PTA) capacities in China and pent up cost pressure from elevated methanol...