CB&I in Australian LNG deal
- OxyChem-Mexichem cracker in first wave of US ethylene plants. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 31, p20
The article reports on the engineering and construction contract awarded by Engleside Ethylene, a joint venture (jv) between Occidental Petroleum subsidiary OxyChem and Mexichem, to energy infrastructure provider Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. NV (CB&I) for an ethylene plant in Ingleside, Texas.
- Big Oil-Gas Awards Boost CB&I Returns. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/1/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p16
This article reports on several engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts received by energy-industrial contractor CB&I in 2011.
- CB&I awarded contract to upgrade refinery in Russia. // Chemical Week;4/27/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on a contract awarded to engineering company Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. (CB&I) from oil company NefteGazIndustriya for the upgrade of the Afipsky oil refinery in Krasnodar, Russia.
- CB&I Wins Turnkey Contract for LNG Storage Project. // Welding Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p6
Reports that CB&I has been awarded a lump-sum turnkey contract for the design and construction of storage tanks for a new liquefied natural gas import terminal in Nova Scotia. Owner and operator of the facility; Purpose of the terminal; Cost of the project.
- CB&I Wins $1.5-billion LNG Job. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/29/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the $1.5-billion engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract won by Woodlands, Texas-based CB&I. The company will build a liquefied natural gas plant in Pampa Malchorita, Peru. The plant will have a capacity of 4.45 million tons per year of liquefied...
- KANSAS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/14/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 18, p58
The article reports on a contract awarded by Frontier Oil Corp. to CB&I in 2007 to provide engineering, construction and installation services. The project covers two new coke drums and related equipment at a refinery in El Dorado, Kansas. Completion of this project is expected to finish in...
- LNG terminal to expand. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2072, p30
Reports that U.S. contractor CB&I has won a turnkey contract from Trunkline LNG to expand a liquefied natural gas terminal in Lake Charles, Louisiana in 2003.
- MILLER ACT--STAY OF LITIGATION--SCOPE OF AUTHORITY--CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT. // Arbitration Journal;Sep1968, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p195
This article focuses on the court ruling in the case of Ets-Hokin Corp. v. Chicago Bridge and Iron Co. A state court order staying Miller Act lawsuit pending arbitration in accordance with agreement of parties did not affect scope of arbitrator's authority. The authority of arbitrators was...
- SCOPE OP AUTHORITY--SUBMISSION--CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT--MISCALCULATION. // Arbitration Journal;Sep1968, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p195
This article focuses on the court ruling in the case of Ets-Hokin Corp. v. Chicago Bridge and Iron Co. Arbitrators did not exceed their authority by not limiting the scope of their inquiry to the contents of the subcontract and first demand but by resorting to extrinsic evidence and redefinition...