High salt intake
- Ethnic Patterns in Scientific Collaboration. Gorman, Linda // NBER Digest;Aug2014, p2
The article discusses the study, "Collaborating With People Like Me: Ethnic Co-Authorship Within the U.S.," by Richard Freeman and Wei Huang conducted to analyze the ethnic patterns of collaboration of the U.S. based scientific researchers, published in a previous issue of the journal. The study...
- Industrial production. // BRW;10/10/94, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p18
Reports on developments in world industrial production for the period ended August 1994. Growth in the Anglo-Saxon economies including the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand; Improvements in the continental European economies including Germany and France; Increase...
- The Difference Between Productivity and Competitiveness. Briskin, Lawrence // Industrial Management;May/Jun87, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the difference between productivity and competitiveness. Factors of production considered in standard cost texts; Components of corporate competitiveness in the domestic scene; Hidden component in the cost of labor and factory productivity.
- TOWARD IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY. Morris, Linda // Training & Development;Oct93, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p71
Explores key issues concerning organizational and industrial productivity and competitiveness. Use of quantitative and qualitative research methods to identify concerns in productivity; Emphasis on productivity in the construction, automotive and defense industries; Implications for management.
- Emerson misses mark. Fante, Marco // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/6/2015, p51
A reply to a letter to the editor in response to the article "Coalition caves in on competition," that was published in the August 4, 2015 issue of the journal is presented.
- Salt Institute. // Mining Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p66
The article offers information on the worldwide production, consumption and trade of salt in 2008. According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), China is the lead producer salt in 2008 with 60 megatonne (Mt), followed by the U.S. with 46 Mt. Noted is the effect of the weather on the production...
- Competition, supply areas and industrial location: an equilibrium perspective . Parr, John B. // Annals of Regional Science;Sep93, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p191
The relationship between producer supply areas and the location of production is considered for a particular class of manufacturing activity. The spatial structure of production is examined by means of a free-entry model, in which producers within a region compete for access to a dispersed...
- An Appraisal of the Competitive Benefits of IT. Ward, John M. // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Sep86, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on relationships between business use of information technology (IT) and competitive performance. Internal productivity from IT investments; Competitive use of IT; Improvements in the linkages between primary activities.
- PRODUCTIVITY AND INNOVATION: THE IMPACT OF PRODUCT AND LABOUR MARKET POLICIES. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 1, p171
Focuses on the impact of policies affecting product market competition and labor market adaptability on multi-factor productivity. Determinants of multi-factor productivity; Overview of multi-factor productivity outcomes, innovative activity and product and labor market policies; Implications...