Nova Chemicals hits back at Dow claim
- Dow and Nova in Dispute Over Ethane Supplies. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/11/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 34, p11
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Dow Chemical and Nova Chemicals against each other over ethane supplies for their 50-50 joint venture (jv) cracker at Joffre, Alberta. Dow is seeking $120.9 million in damages, alleging that Nova wrongfully diverted ethane feedstock from the...
- Nova takes action against Dow. Baumgarten, Stefan; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p15
The article reports on the counterclaim filed by Nova Chemicals against Dow Chemical in a dispute over ethane supplies to a cracker complex in Joffre, Alberta. Nova was responding to a $120m claim filed by Dow, alleging that the Canadian company wrongfully diverted ethane feedstock from the...
- PIPELINE ALTERNATIVES. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/28/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 11, Special section p24
The article offers information on solutions for piping the ethane, including NOVA Chemicals Corp. and Buckeye Pipeline Co. LP will propose construction of a pipeline to ship ethane and other Natural Gas Liquids to Sarnia in Canada.
- Nova Secures Ethane Supply for Ontario Cracker Revamp. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;9/5/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p9
The article reports on the agreement signed by Nova Chemicals which include two ethane supply deals and a transportation service agreement, to support a planned overhaul of its cracker plant in Corunna, Ontario.
- Ex-Dow worker charged in trade secrets scandal. Esposito, Frank // Rubber & Plastics News;9/4/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p6
The article informs that Wen Shyu Liu, a former employee of Dow Chemical Co. has been arrested and charged by the U.S. authorities. He has been charged of allegedly trying to sell stolen trade secrets related to Dow's Tyrin-brand chlorinated polyethyelene to Chinese companies. He was arrested on...
- Polyolefins Producers Push Up Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p33
The article reveals that rising feedstock prices have prompted Dow Chemical and Nova Chemical to separately announce polyethylene (PE) price increases. PE margins have waned to 70 cts-84 cts/lb del depending on grade, in line with prices, which have dropped 17 cts/lb since August. Meanwhile,...
- PIPELINES. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/1/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 41, p16
Focuses on the plans of Nova Chemicals to buy and sell the stakes of Dow Chemicals in the Cochin Pipeline System. How Nova blocked the sale of the stake to Williams; Details on the Cochin pipeline; Concerns of Nova regarding the interest of Williams in transporting ethane on a north-to-south...
- Polystyrene Prices Rise Through 1999. Ouellette, Jennifer // Chemical Market Reporter;12/27/99, Vol. 256 Issue 26, p3
Reports that polystyrene experienced a strong upward trend in pricing throughout 1999. Increase in polystyrene prices of Nova Chemicals; Price increase in Styron ignition-resistant polystyrene of Dow Chemical; Demand for styrene monomers; How margins remain squeezed by the rising costs of...
- Buyers Resist Price Hikes. Terry, Larry; Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;8/4/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 29, p38
Reports on the price increase announced by Nova Chemicals and Dow Chemical for polystyrene (PS) in September 1, 1999. Information on the price of PS in Europe for June and July 1999; Factors that led to the increase.