5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Dow Boosts DVB Capacity. // Chemical Week;4/25/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 14, p8
This article reports on the move of Dow Chemical to boost capacity of divinylbenzene (DVB) at Midland, Michigan by about 3 million pounds/year. The additional capacity is due onstream in the fourth quarter of 2007. The company says the project will also include process improvements at the plant....
- Dow Starts Up Dielectrics. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;5/19/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 19, p51
Reports that Dow Chemical has begun producing its silk low dielectric constant resins in Midland, Michigan. Capacity of the resins unit; Demand for dielectric constant materials in 2003, according to consulting firm Information Network.
- Markets Watch. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p25
The article provides a market update on the chemical industry in 2007. Arkema lifted force majeure on caustic soda and chlorine supplies in January 2007 from its 341,000 tons per year plant at Lavera, France. Dow Chemical intends to raise global prices for QUAT 188 cationic reagent by 8 cents...
- Dow to Idle Latex Plant in Puerto Rico. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p15
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to idle its Ucar Emulsion Systems latex plant in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Reason for the move; Implications; Information on the Bayamon plant.
- Dow Plans $315 MM Chloralkali Upgrade at Louisiana Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical Co. to upgrade its chloralkali manufacturing plant in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Increase of the chlorine capacity of the plant; Permit approvals filed by Dow Chemical; Advantages of the plant upgrade.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;04/03/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 14, p26
Reports the construction of a Dow Chemical Company latex plant in Zhangjiagang, China. Production capacity; Increase in China's demand for styrene-butadiene latex; China's consumption of latex in 1999. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- Dow expands cellulosics. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the Dow Chemical Co. will be implementing a two-phase 20,000 metric-ton expansion of its Methocel methylcellulose and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose products. First phase of expansion project at Dow's Stade, Germany facility; Scheduled completion of the project by early 2006; Second...
- Dow to Site 'Replacement' Cracker at Seadrift. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p9
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. will build its planned replacement Gulf Coast cracker at Seadrift, Texas. Annual production capacity at the Seadrift plant; Dow's annual consumption of ethylene in North America; Company's plan to expand connections to Gulf Coast ethylene pipelines and storage...
- NEW PROJECTS. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/27/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2153, p15
Presents an update on projects in the chemical industry as of June 27, 2005. Amount to be spent by Arkema to improve chlorine handling and to develop methane sulphonic acid production at its Mourenx facility in France; Increase in production capacity for pyridine and picoline at Jubilant...