5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- FMC invests $100 million in microcrystalline cellulose facility in Thailand. // Chemical Business;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p72
This article reports that chemical manufacturer FMC Corp. has broke ground on its new microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) manufacturing facility in Rayong, Thailand in March 2013.
- EO market enters period of uncertainty and change. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2085, p10
Looks at the condition of the European ethylene oxide (EO) market as of February 2004. EO plants in Europe that will close down for a while for maintenance turnaround; Factors that influence EO prices; Highlights of major deals in the market.
- CNIGC Starts up EO/EG Unit. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p26
The article reports on the commencement of operation of the 200,000 tonnes per annum (t/a) ethylene oxide (EO)/ethylene glycol (EG) unit of Liaoning North Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. in China.
- Phenol. // Chemical Business;Mar1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p70
Reports on the phenol sector of India. High-volume imports; Major domestic producers of phenol.
- FMC to shutter Bayport H2O2 site in response to industry oversupply. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/27/98, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p5
Reports on FMC Corp.'s plan to preserve its original 100-million-pound hydrogen peroxide production line as its facility in Bayport, Texas. Reduction of the company's North American capacity by 25 percent; Emergence of elemental chlorine free bleaching; FMC's commoditization of its costs structure.
- FMC Builds Purified Wet Acid Plant. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;11/3/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p33
Focuses on the plans of FMC company to build a purified wet phosphoric acid plant near Soda Springs, Idaho. Estimated production capacity of the plant; Agreement with Nu-West company.
- FMC to Build $60 MM Phos Acid Plant At Nu-West's Idaho Phosphate Complex. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/01/99, Vol. 256 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the plans of FMC Corp. to build a purified phosphoric acid plant in Soda Springs, Idaho. Estimated production capacity of the plant; Terms under the purified acid agreement of FMC with Nu-West Industries; Scheduled completion of the project.
- FMC phosphorous startup. // Chemical Week;7/26/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p59
Reports on the startup of semiconductor-grade phosphorus production at FMC's phosphorus chemicals division plant in Lawrence, Kansas. Features of the new plant; Addition of a temperature controlled trailers and other equipment.
- FMC's New Hydrogen Peroxide Plant In Texas Now Onstream. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Apr80, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the commencement of FMC Corp.'s hydrogen peroxide plant operation in Bayport, Texas. The company's new plant is fully operational, thus making the facility the largest producer of oxidant in North America. According to William A. McMinn, vice-president and general manager...