Chevron and DOE develop biofuels
- Batelle wins NREL contract. Merrick, Amy // R&D Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p7
Reports that a partnership of three United States (US)-based companies headed by Midwest Research Institute has received the management and operating contract for the US Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado. Worth of the contract.
- Battelle, MRI, and Bechtel bid for NREL contract. // R&D Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p9
Presents information regarding the bidding for a contract by three corporations in the United States for renewable energy research of the Department of Environment's (DOE) National Renewable Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado. Background information on the management of NREL by Midwest...
- R&D RFP: NREL seeking to improve small wind efficiencies. // Wind Energy Weekly;9/14/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1500, p6
The article reports on the solicitation of proposals by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to improve effeciencies under the Small Turbine Competitiveness Improvement Project (CIP) until September 28, 2012.
- NREL seeks partner for wind turbine drivetrain testing. // Wind Energy Weekly;4/1/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1428, p2
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in calling for proposals from wind industry companies.
- NREL to validate 10-MW superconductor WIND TURBINE. // Composites Technology;Apr2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on a 12-month Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) entered by American Superconductor Corp. (AMSC) with the National Renewavable Energy Laboratory (NREL) of the U.S. Department of Energy and its National Wind Technology Center (NWTC) to validate the...
- Challenges to the Development of a Dedicated Energy Crop. Epplin, Francis M.; Clark, Christopher D.; Roberts, Roland K.; Seonghuyk Hwang // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p1296
The article focuses on the research entitled "Bioenergy Feedstock Development Program"concerning on how to develop competitive design to produce cellulosic ethanol (CE) energy in the U.S. The study shows some provision in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to improve production volume of energy using...
- A STEP BEYOND BIOFUELS. GLADYCH, PAULA AVEN // Northern Colorado Business Report;Apr2013 Research Colorado Supplement, p57
The article reflects on the research project Colorado Center for Biorefining and Biofuels (C2B2) conducted by the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado, Colorado School of Mines and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. It mentions that the project emphasized on the development of...
- efficiency Zone. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p54
The article reports on the move of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in partnering with companies to help launch pilot scales and commercial scale development of biomass based second generation fuels in the U.S.
- Record solar efficiency achieved by thin film photovoltaic array. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;08/04/97, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p26
Presents information on the 1-kW array being tested at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Who the modules are manufactured by; Structure of the cell; Contact information.