TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Major Chemical Firms Post Weak 4Q, Challenges Ahead. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Profits posted by Dow Chemical Co.; Decline in the profits of Nova Chemicals Corp.
- Dow calls FED rate cut "dangerous". // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p31
The article presents several news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical Co. is worried about the U.S. housing crisis and high energy prices spilling over into consumer spending and threatening the economy. NOVA Chemicals Inc. could add a polyethylene plant in mid-2011 in Canada,...
- Major Chemical Companies Record Blockbuster Quarter. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the sales and net income of major chemical companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share of Dow Chemical Company; Total profits and earnings for the quarter of Nova Chemicals Corporation; Percent gain in earnings of Union Carbide Corporation.
- Dow, Nova seeking partners for struggling styrenics units. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/5/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that Dow Chemical Co. (DCC) and Nova Chemicals Corp. are struggling in their styrenics businesses in the U.S. According to the DCC's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Andrew Liveris, the company has decided to seek and implement new model for its polystyrene and polypropylene...
- Dow Chemical Updates Asset Sales . . . // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p7
Presents information on the plan of Dow Chemical to sell some of its assets. Value of the assets; Details on the decision of the company to file a registration to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the sale of its debt securities and preferred stock.
- Raw Material Costs Pressure Earnings. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;7/13/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 23, p12
States that early second-quarter 2005 earnings reports and forecasts for the chemical industry have been mixed, but analysts expect most chemical makers to meet consensus estimates. Continued rise of raw material costs; Benefits intermediate producers like Dow Chemical and Huntsman could get...
- News briefs. // Chemical Week;2/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p7
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues in the United States. Acquisition plans of Nova Chemical company for a polyethylene company; Appointment of Michael D. Parker as president and chief executive officer of Dow Chemical company; Settlement of the patent litigation between DuPont and...
- Executive Summary. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2008, p5
The article presents information on the petrochemicals industry in Canada. The industry which is the third largest industry in the country's manufacturing sector, is concentrated in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. Nova Chemicals Inc., Petro-Canada and Dow Chemical Co. are some of the major...
- Insight Into Competitive Arena. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2009, p33
The article presents information on various petrochemical companies in Canada. It is stated that Nova Chemicals Corp. is a dominant player in the petrochemical sector in Canada, with manufacturing plants in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. An ethylene cracker plant is operated by Imperial Oil Ltd....