People in the News
- Court Moves Up at Penguin. // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p12
Announces the promotion of Kathryn Court as president of Penguin Books. Her career background; Her contributions to the company.
- Morrison Moves Up at HC. // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the promotion of Michael Morrison to the post of publisher of HarperCollins' Morrow/Avon division. Other responsibilities given to Morrison; Career background of Morrison.
- D'Agnes new COO at HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;7/20/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 29, p108
Announces that Glenn D'Agnes has been promoted to executive vice-president and chief operating officer (COO) for HarperCollins. Responsibilities of the job; Who he will report to.
- Allen named HarperCollins V-P. // Publishers Weekly;12/16/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 51, p12
Announces the appointment of Marilyn Allen as vice-president, associate publisher and executive director of marketing for the HarperCollins adult trade group. Her reponsibilities; Background.
- Burke to succeed Marsh at HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p16
Announces that Brenda Marsh, president of general book sales at HarperCollins will be leaving the company at the end of April 1997. Therese Burke, director of field sales for the Putnam Publishing Group, to succeed her; Burke's new responsibilities.
- New HC children's marketing spots. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p16
Describes two appointments in the marketing department of HarperCollins Children's Books. Promotion of Andrea Pappenheimer to vice president of marketing and sales; Naming of Karen Staubi to associate director of marketing.
- Ivers, Cunningham in new spots at HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;10/28/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 44, p22
Reports on appointments at HarperCollins (HC). The naming of Mitchell Ivers as executive managing editor for HC's adult trade group; His responsibilities; Linda Cunningham's assumption of the job of publishing director of Harper Audio.
- Yeh named exec. ed. at Harper Children's Books. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the appointment of Phoebe Yeh as executive editor of HarperCollins Children's Books. Career background.
- Spinner joins HarperCollins Children's. // Publishers Weekly;7/18/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the appointment of Stephanie Spinner as vice president and editorial director of HarperCollins Children's Books. Career history; Job responsibilities.