Big Publishers Sweep 2nd Quills
- Book Award Headed To Prime Time. // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the airing of The Quill Awards, the national book award event created by Reed Business Information (RBI), over television stations owned by the National Broadcasting Co. in October 2005. Formation of the Quills Literacy Foundation by RBI; Selection of the winners by booksellers and...
- Night Move of the Week. // Entertainment Weekly;8/19/2005, Issue 834, p131
Announces the plan of National Broadcasting Co. to switch the 63rd annual awards show from its regular Sunday time slot to Monday night in 2005.
- Roast plucks Peacock. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/7/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 27, p18
The article presents highlights of the Museum of Television and Radio benefit event at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City in which Bob Wright, head of NBC Universal Inc., was honored.
- AIA agency lands recruitment ad award. // Personnel Today;1/18/2005, p3
This article reports that the top award at the RBI Recruitment Advertising Awards 2005 went to Virgin Atlantic Airways and agency AIA. The event, at the Governor House Hotel in London, was hosted by impressionist Alistair McGowan. Judges at the awards had to choose between 600 entries for 17...
- The Quill Awards to Air on NBC October 21. Weiss, Laura B. // School Library Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the Quill Awards, which will air on October 21, 2006 on NBC. The awards ceremony, which is sponsored by Reed Business Information and honors people in the publishing world, includes awards for Book of the Year, Debut Author of the Year, and will also allow members of the...
- NBC-CBS Duel on Field of Honors. Cynthia Littleton, - // Variety;3/5/2014, Vol. 323 Issue 5, p37
The article discusses competition between the U.S. television networks National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) and CBS Broadcasting Inc. (CBS), reporting that NBC will broadcast the Hollywood Film Awards and CBS will air the IHeart Radio Music Awards in 2014.
- Golden Globes Pray for Peace. // Multichannel News;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HPFA) has scheduled to telecast the Golden Globe Awards in the U.S. on January 11, 2009. It states that the organization has signaled to hold the award ceremony despite the uncompleted contract talks with the actors. Further, it...
- Quills booked at NBC again. // Daily Variety;5/24/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 38, p2
The article reports that the Quill Awards, the national literary awards voted on by the American public, will be aired on NBC owned- and operated television stations for the second straight year in October 2006. The event is managed by Reed Business Information. NBCU Television Distribution will...
- SUNDAY SAFE AGAIN AS WISTERIA HYSTERIA EBBS. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;12/3/2007 Supplement, p7
The article reports on the decision of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) to return the time slot of the Golden Globe Awards from Monday to Sunday night in the U.S. The slot for the awards night, which is scheduled on January 13, 2008, was...