Sunday Too Soon
- 200 years of Chesies: Part II. Tarrant, Bill // Field & Stream;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p107
Features the Chesapeake breed of gun dogs. Selective breeding; Historical background on the development of the breed; Abilities of Chesies.
- 16 Weeks to Superpup. Mueller, Larry // Outdoor Life;Aug2006, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a step-by-step instruction on how to train hunting dogs.
- The Fake and Furious. // Outdoor Life;May2002, Vol. 209 Issue 3, p20
Presents answers to several questions regarding outdoor recreation. Reasons for placing game decoys along public roads; Information on reloading bismuth shotshells; Type of hunting dog that is also trainable for protection.
- Sykes Place Plantation Crawford, Mississippi. McCoskey, Lance // Southern Sporting Journal;Dec2002, p12
Presents a hunting and fishing guide to Sykes Place Plantation in Crawford, Mississippi for outdoor outfitters. Geographical description of the plantation; Types of activities for hunters; Importance of hunting dogs.
- Bracco Italiano. Bixler, Alice // Dog World;Aug2004, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p54
Presents information on the gun dog breed, Bracco Italiano. Introduction to the U.S.; Appearance; Temperament.
- PAST TO PRESENT wolves to coyotes. Jackson, Ed // Predator Xtreme;Oct2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p70
The article offers information on wolf hounds. Ozark hounds came in various sizes and with distinct temperaments. Although most could be trained to hunt a variety of game, certain breeds were predisposed toward certain types of hunting. Black & Tans and Redbones generally made the best tree...
- Part I: Hunting Allies: Chapter 1: The Hunting Dog. Sisley, Nick; Elman, Robert // Hunting Allies;2003, p9
The chapter provides information on hunting dogs. Dogs are important, and sometimes crucial, in both big-and small-game hunting, and they always have been. The hunting breeds are now separated into four basic categories, depending on what help the dog gives the hunter: retrieving, pointing,...
- guide to breeds. // Dog World;Oct2002, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p72
Presents a guide to several dog breeds. Sporting group; Hound group; Working group.
- The First Security Dogs. Anderson, Bendix // Security Dogs;2005, p8
Information on the history of the first security dogs in the U.S. from a chapter of the book "Security Dogs" is presented. For thousands of years, dogs and people have worked together, with the very first security dogs guarding people's homes. Native Americans have been using dogs to help them...