Nature's Color Palette
- Nature's Paintbrush. E. B. // Natural Health;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p16
The article presents information on the natural changes that take place during the Autumn season. The colors of the Autumn season are yellow, orange and brown. These changes in leaves are caused by the pigments carotenoids and anthocyanins. The green pigment chlorophyll overpowers them in the...
- Effects of Different Baking Processes on Carotenoid Content in Upper Leaves of Flue-cured Tobacco. Yigui LUO; Bojun WANG; Guomin CUI; Anding XU; Yiyin CHEN; Chao YANG; Xiang MENG // Agricultural Science & Technology;Sep2014, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1538
[Objective] We aimed to improve the quality of flue-cured tobacco with K326 upper leaves and explore the optimal tobacco baking process in Chongqing tobacco-producing region. [Method] Four different baking processes (endogenetic force moisture-removing flue-curing technique, exogenetic force...
- Characterization of pigment apparatus in winter-green and summer-green leaves of a shade-tolerant plant Ajuga reptans. Dymova, O. V.; Grzyb, J.; Golovko, T. K.; Strzalka, K. // Russian Journal of Plant Physiology;Nov2010, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p755
Comparative study was performed to assess the content and proportions of photosynthetic pigments and the violaxanthin cycle (VXC) activity in winter-green and summer-green leaves of bugleweed ( Ajuga reptans L.) plants grown in shaded (photosynthetically active radiation, PAR 150 Î¼mol/(m s))...
- Why Leaves Turn Color. // South Dakota Magazine;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p86
The article explains the reason behind the changes in the color of leaves during autumn season.
- Age-dependent relationships between multiple sexual pigments and condition in males and females. Grunst, Andrea S.; Rotenberry, John T.; Grunst, Melissa L. // Behavioral Ecology;Mar2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p276
Coloration in birds can advertise individual condition to prospective mates. However, in yellow warblers (Setophaga petechia), the extent to which different types of coloration indicated condition varied with individual age. Yellow warblers display yellow carotenoid-based coloration and...
- Retraction: Agarwal et al. Dynamic Action of Carotenoids in Cardioprotection and Maintenance of Cardiac Health. // Molecules;Mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3850
A correction to the article "Dynamic Action of Carotenoids in Cardioprotection and Maintenance of Cardiac Health" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Popeye's Favorite for Strong-to-the-Finish Arteries. // Prevention;Jan2002, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p108
Discusses how lutein, a pigment found in green leafy vegetables, is beneficial in guarding against heart attacks by preventing arteries from clogging.
- THE colour OF HEALTH. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Dec2011, p27
The article discusses benefits of eating food items having different color pigment including lycopene, anthocyanin, and carotenoids.
- Erratum to: Rapid and environmentally-friendly extraction of carotenoids from Blakeslea trispora. Wang, Hong-Bo; Zhang, Li-Wei; Luo, Jun; Yu, Long-Jiang // Biotechnology Letters;Nov2015, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p2179
A correction to the article "Rapid and environmentally-friendly extraction of carotenoids from Blakeslea trispora" by Hong-Bo Wang and colleagues published in the September 2, 2015 online issue is presented.