Native Americans & White-tailed Deer
- Whitetail Quiz: What Would You Do? Hill, Steven // Field & Stream;Nov2013, Vol. 118 Issue 7, pW15
A quiz related to white-tailed deer hunting is presented.
- Plot Your Strategy. Hanback, Michael // Outdoor Life;Oct2007, Vol. 214 Issue 9, p36
The article offers guidelines for hunting white-tailed deer. If a hunter glasses a stout 8-pointer walking into a large or mid-size field in the area in the tree line for three days in a row, go to that spot, hang a stand in the best tree that can be found and hunt the next afternoon. When...
- and the deer gods smiled. Hanback, Michael // Outdoor Life;Sep2006, Vol. 213 Issue 8, p72
The article presents the author's experience of whitetail hunting in Saskatchewan. That was in 1987, when Saskatchewan was first making opportunity available to nonresident hunters. The author was one of the first writers to travel in Saskatchewan and shoot a giant whitetail. Since 2000, the...
- 3-Season Rattling Guide. Faulkner, Travis // Outdoor Life;Aug2009, Vol. 216 Issue 7, pBB1
The article offers guidelines in rattling on whitetail bucks hunting in the U.S. It suggests setting up within earshot of buck travel routes during the opening weeks of fall season. It proposes picking up the tone and intensity in rattling and throwing a few doe bleats upon seeing sign of sudden...
- Northwest Whitetails. Haugen, Scott // Whitetail Journal;Dec2007, p72
The article suggests some of the best deer hunting grounds in the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S. One best location to hunt for whitetail tags is Peck, Idaho and Tim Craig of Boulder Creek Outfitters is one of the top outfitters in the region. Another place to visit is Montana. The state,...
- HUNTING FORECAST. MYERS, DREW; GALEA, STEVE // Ontario Out of Doors;2013, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p44
The article presents hunting forecast for the upcoming season. Mike Gatt, MNR Senior Wildlife Biologist for the Southern Region, says due to favourable conditions for deer past winter, good survival and recruitment of fawns is expected in spring and into the hunting season in fall 2013. MNR...
- [SNIPPETS]. // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Aug2012, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
The article offers news briefs related to hunting. It mentions that U.S. Department of Natural Resources officers uses crack shooting to save two whitetail bucks in Minnesota. The 2011 outbreak of epizootic hemorrhagic disease in the Montana could have killed 90 percent of whitetail deer....
- Anticosti Whitetails. Zumbo, Jim // Outdoor Life;May2004, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p24
Presents information on whitetail hunting at the Anticosti island in Quebec. Description of the island; Cost of hunting on the island; Animals inhabiting the island; Survival gear for hunting at Anticosti. INSETS: The Costs of Anticosti;Survival Gear for Anticosti Island.
- Tale of the Shot. Hanback, Michael // Outdoor Life;Aug2004, Vol. 211 Issue 6, pBB10
Offers tips for hunting a whitetail deer. Advice on what to do if the arrow misses the mark; Different body zones to target.