- The effects of leveraged buyouts. Smith, Abbie // Business Economics;Apr90, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the impact of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) on the corporate structure. Explosion of LBOs' brought about by economic expansion; Corporate tax savings and LBOs; Ability of firms to sustain postbuyout returns; Reasons behind growth of LBO activity.
- Reverse LBOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p46
Presents charts depicting the major leveraged and management buyout companies, leveraged build-ups and selected recapitalizations that went public in the United States, in the period covered from September 1, 1997 to August 31, 1998. Includes reverse leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Biggest winners...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Gant, Joanna // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the management buy-outs and buy-ins boom in the United Kingdom. How the availability of funds from venture capital contributes to the trend; Stockmarket performance of buy-out/in companies from July 1, 1996 to June 30, 1997; Top performing management buy-out companies. INSETS: Hello...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Discusses the factors affecting a management buyout. Corporate politics; Short- to medium-term profit objectives; Importance of considering shareholder interests.
- Chasing rain-MBOs. Benady, David; Farnham, James // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p26
Discusses the economic advantages and disadvantages of a management buyout (MBO). Difference between conventional marketing and marketing in MBOs; Difficulties of finding future MBO opportunities; Factors driving the success of a MBO.
- Auditors are not social pariahs after all. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p13
Reports on the interest of managers in buying out their businesses in Great Britain.
- A public to private surge. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p60
Reports on the management buyouts in Great Britain in the first quarter of 1999, according to the Centre for Management Buyout Research.
- MBO creates platform firm. Howard, Paul // Contract Journal;2/27/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6366, p20
Reports on a management buyout at work platform rental and sales business Mitie Powered Access. Creation of The Platform Company.
- Reichhold Management to Buy Company from DIC. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p10
This article reports on the planned management buyout of Dainippon Inc and Chemicals (DIC). DIC says its board of directors has approved the sale of DIC's money-losing Reichhold operation to Reichhold's executive management team, led by president and chief executive officer John S. Gaither....