- The effects of leveraged buyouts. Smith, Abbie // Business Economics;Apr90, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the impact of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) on the corporate structure. Explosion of LBOs' brought about by economic expansion; Corporate tax savings and LBOs; Ability of firms to sustain postbuyout returns; Reasons behind growth of LBO activity.
- Reverse LBOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p46
Presents charts depicting the major leveraged and management buyout companies, leveraged build-ups and selected recapitalizations that went public in the United States, in the period covered from September 1, 1997 to August 31, 1998. Includes reverse leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Biggest winners...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Gant, Joanna // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the management buy-outs and buy-ins boom in the United Kingdom. How the availability of funds from venture capital contributes to the trend; Stockmarket performance of buy-out/in companies from July 1, 1996 to June 30, 1997; Top performing management buy-out companies. INSETS: Hello...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Discusses the factors affecting a management buyout. Corporate politics; Short- to medium-term profit objectives; Importance of considering shareholder interests.
- Chasing rain-MBOs. Benady, David; Farnham, James // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p26
Discusses the economic advantages and disadvantages of a management buyout (MBO). Difference between conventional marketing and marketing in MBOs; Difficulties of finding future MBO opportunities; Factors driving the success of a MBO.
- Auditors are not social pariahs after all. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p13
Reports on the interest of managers in buying out their businesses in Great Britain.
- A public to private surge. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p60
Reports on the management buyouts in Great Britain in the first quarter of 1999, according to the Centre for Management Buyout Research.
- MBO creates platform firm. Howard, Paul // Contract Journal;2/27/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6366, p20
Reports on a management buyout at work platform rental and sales business Mitie Powered Access. Creation of The Platform Company.
- It's a pleasure doing business with you! Blair, Gordon; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p22
This article explains that there are many owners of highly successful companies in the chemical, petrochemical and associated industries who are facing -- or will have to face -- the dilemma posed by their desire to exit a business where there are no obvious successors or, if it is a corporate...