Better to Borrow or Lend?
- Medium and long-term fiscal policy challenges. // OECD Economic Surveys: Spain;May2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 7, p51
Discusses the challenges facing Spain's fiscal policy. Preservation of progress; Increase in public sector efficiency; Development of reforms to prepare Spain for the consequences of population aging.
- Fiscal policy: stabilisation and reform. // OECD Economic Surveys: Turkey;Jul2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 4, p67
Explores the fiscal policy of Turkey. Efforts to reform fiscal administration; Impact on debt and debt financing; Budget administration, control and transparency.
- The fiscal policy framework. // OECD Economic Surveys: Euro Area;Jul2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 16, p39
Examines the fiscal consolidation that was achieved in European Union countries following the adoption of the Maastricht Treaty in 1992. Countries in which improvement in fiscal positions stalled in 2001; Implications of the fiscal performance of euro area countries for the fiscal stance;...
- Fiscal policy challenges. // OECD Economic Surveys: Euro Area;Oct2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 12, p75
Focuses on the challenges affecting the fiscal policy in the Euro area, as of October 2003. List of countries that are subject to Excessive Deficit Procedures for breaching the 3 per cent of gross domestic product threshold; Factors that contributed to the fiscal problems in the Euro area; Ways...
- Fiscal policy issues. // OECD Economic Surveys: Greece;Jul2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 13, p41
Discusses the improvements in the fiscal policy of Greece in 2001. Rate of decline in government budget deficit; Surplus of gross domestic product; Forecasts on the fiscal outcome of Greece in the period 2002 to 2004.
- Evolution of Taxation in Romania between 2001 -- 2010. Silviu, Pripoaie; Rodica, Pripoaie // Acta Universitatis Danubius: Oeconomica;2011, Issue 5, p106
The general characteristic of modern economies is given by the rapid growth of the demand of financial resources as compared to the possibility of acquiring them. In periods of economic boom, when State levies allow the procurement of sufficient resources, the way of applying State conjuncture...
- Macroeconomic policies. // OECD Economic Surveys: Australia;1998, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the macroeconomic policies of Australia in 1999. Operational objective of the Reserve Bank for the rate on inflation; Objectives of the fiscal policy; Challenges facing the economic policy.
- Priorities of fiscal policy in Australia. Whitehead, Trevor // Ecodate;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the medium-term fiscal policy strategy for running surplus budgets and retiring debts, aimed to increased investment and growth in Australia. Aim to maintain budget surpluses and improve net worth position of the government; Provision of additional stimulus at a time of recession by...
- South Africa: Room For Rate Cuts Narrows. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the growth in the CPIX inflation measure of South Africa in July 2003. Prediction for the measure; Status of the price of the forward rate agreement curve.