- Housing strategy repeats old failings. Fyson, Tony // Planning (14672073);12/5/2011, Issue 1923, p17
The article offers the author's insights on the housing strategy of the British government in 2011. The author says that the programme "Laying the Foundations: A Housing Strategy for England," emphasises that giving attention to the requirements of home financing borrowers and the reinvigoration...
- Osborne gets handbagged by our Greatest Leader. Donald, Gideon // New Statesman;7/12/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5009, p15
The article, a piece of political satire, purports to be the musings of a British Conservative Party member of parliament with close ties to David Cameron, the prime minister and leader of the Conservative Party. In this edition the author discusses George Osborne, the British finance minister,...
- Britain Says no Evidence Yet of SAS Role in Golden Temple Attack. JAMES, WILLIAM; OSBORN, ANDREW // News India Times;1/24/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the statement issued by British Prime Minister David Cameron in which he confirmed that no evidence had been seen that the government of Margaret Thatcher had helped India plan a deadly attack in 1984 against Sikh separatists in the Golden Temple at Amritsar.
- House Thatcher tribute. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);4/10/2013, p1
The article discusses the tribute paid by British politicians In a special session of parliament on the death of former Prime Minister of the U.K. Margaret Thatcher which include politicians like British Prime Minister David Cameron and Opposition Labour leader Ed Miliband.
- Cameron cancels crunch EDF talks because of Thatcher death. Beech, Mathew // Utility Week;4/12/2013, p7
The article focuses on the crunch nuclear talks between British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande which was cancelled due to the death of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on April 8, 2013. It notes that Cameron was scheduled to meet Hollande to talk about...
- Soul Search. Aitken, Jonathan // American Spectator;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p48
Comments on the spiritual beliefs, moral values and inner personal convictions of Oxfordshire Member of Parliament David Cameron and Conservative prime minister and party leader Margaret Thatcher in Great Britain. Background on the political career of Cameron; Lack of inquiry by British media...
- No 10's 60-minute make-under. Maguire, Kevin // New Statesman;5/24/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5002, p12
The article presents gossip and rumor in British politics current during the week of May 24, 2010. A number of public figures are mentioned in the article including David Cameron, the prime minister and leader of the Conservative Party, former Conservative Party prime minister Margaret Thatcher,...
- Bitter suite endings. Maguire, Kevin // New Statesman;2/28/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 5199, p16
The author offers briefs and comments on British politics as of February 2014, on topics including the relationship between the British Labour Party and the labor union Unison, British Prime Minister David Cameron's statements about aid for flood victims, and the suite at the Ritz Hotel where...
- UK help in Golden Temple attack? // Eastern Eye;1/17/2014, Issue 1234, p1
The article reports on the order from British Prime Minister David Cameron to investigate the official papers suggesting that the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's government was involved in the deadly attack of India against Sikh separatists at the Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984.