FEMORAL ARTERY CONSTRICTION BY NOREPINEPHRINE IS ENHANCED BY METHYLPREDNISOLONE IN A RAT MODEL
- Relationship Between Systemic Corticosteroids and Osteonecrosis. Gebhard, K.L.; Maibach, H.I. // American Journal of Clinical Dermatology;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p377
Numerous reports describe osteonecrosis after oral corticosteroid therapy. It is still uncertain if corticosteroid treatment alone or in combination with other factors leads to the development of this condition. The literature presents controversial clinical and experimental data. The most...
- The Simultaneous Revascularization Method of Chronic Intestinal Ischemia with the Left Renal, Right Common Iliac, and Left Superficial Femoral Arteries -- A Case Report. Tomikawa, Masaki; Ueyama, Takeshi; Yokokawa, Masayasu; Ikeya, Tomohiko; Sugiki, Minoru // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1989, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p304
A case of a fifty-eight-year-old man with chronic intestinal ischemia, renovascular hypertension, and multiple areas of arterial stenosis in the lower extremities is described. The results of angiography demonstrated complete occlusion of the right subclavian and left internal iliac arteries, as...
- Twenty-Year Experience with Rigid Intramedullary Nailing of Femoral Shaft Fractures in Skeletally Immature Patients. Crosby Jr., Samuel N.; Kim, Elliott J.; Koehler, Daniel M.; Rohmiller, Michael T.; Mencio, Gregory A.; Green, Neil E.; Lovejoy, Steven A.; Schoenecker, Jonathan G.; Martus, Jeffrey E. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;7/2/2014, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p1080
Background: Debate exists over the safety of rigid intramedullary nailing of femoral shaft fractures in skeletally immature patients. The goal of this study was to describe functional outcomes and complication rates of rigid intramedullary nailing in pediatric patients. Methods: A retrospective...
- Conservative care aids 30% of shoulders with corticosteroid-induced osteonecrosis. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p64
This article discusses a study into the natural history of shoulder osteonecrosis in patients who underwent previous corticosteroid therapies.
- Bevacizumab/corticosteroids. // Reactions Weekly;3/16/2013, Issue 1444, p11
The article presents a case study of a patient who developed osteonecrosis while receiving bevacizumab and another patient who received corticosteroids.
- Osteonecrosis of the Humeral Head After Intra-Articular Corticosteroid Injections in a Patient Receiving Dialysis. COŞAR, Nur Sacide SARAÜGİL; YEMİŞCİ, Oya Ümit; ÜZTOP, Pınar; ERHAMAMCI, Seval; KARATAŞ, Metin // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;jun2011, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p101
A 66-year-old woman with idiopathic chronic renal failure was admitted to our clinic for shoulder pain. Physical examination revealed a tender left shoulder with limitation of active and preservation of passive motion. Previous radiographic evaluation of the left shoulder revealed subchondral...
- Triamcinolone. // Reactions Weekly;6/14/2008, Issue 1206, p30
The article describes the case of a 60-year-old woman who developed osteonecrosis after being treated with triamcinolone nerve blocks for chronic migraines with a cervicogenic component. It references a study by T. N. Ward et al, published in the June 2008 issue of "Headache."The woman received...
- Methylprednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;6/11/2011, Issue 1355, p24
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old man with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) who was diagnosed with osteonecrosis of the bilateral distal humerus following treatment with methylprednisolone corticosteroid drug.
- Prevalence of genetic risk factors related with thrombophilia and hypofibrinolysis in patients with osteonecrosis of the femoral head in Poland. Gagala, Jacek; Buraczynska, Monika; Mazurkiewicz, Tomasz; Ksiazek, Andrzej // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: The etiology of osteonecrosis of femoral head (ONFH) has not been fully elucidated. Increased intravascular coagulation and/or hypofibrinolysis have been proposed as pathogenic mechanisms. Previous reports demonstrated significant association between incidence of ONFH and...