SURVIVORSHIP ANALYSIS AND RADIOGRAPHIC OUTCOME FOLLOWING TANTALUM ROD INSERTION FOR OSTEONECROSIS OF THE FEMORAL HEAD
- POSTERIOR ROTATIONAL OSTEOTOMY FOR NONTRAUMATIC OSTEONECROSIS WITH EXTENSIVE COLLAPSED LESIONS IN YOUNG PATIENTS. Atsumi, Takashi; Kajiwara, Toshihisa; Hiranuma, Yasunari; Tamaoki, Satoshi; Asakura, Yasuhiro // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2006 Supplement 3, Vol. 88-A, p42
Background: In young patients with nontraumatic femoral head osteonecrosis with extensive and collapsed lesions, joint preservation is a goal if total joint arthroplasty is to be avoided. We evaluated the effectiveness of a posterior rotational osteotomy in this patient population. Methods: We...
- BIOPHYSICAL STIMULATION WITH PULSED ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS IN OSTEONECROSIS OF THE FEMORAL HEAD. Massari, Leo; Fini, Milena; Cadossi, Ruggero; Setti, Stefania; Traina, Gian Carlo // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2006 Supplement 3, Vol. 88-A, p56
Background: Osteonecrosis of the femoral head is the end point of a disease process that results in bone necrosis, joint edema, and cartilage damage. It leads to joint arthritis that necessitates total hip arthroplasty in many patients. Because of its positive effects on osteogenesis and its...
- BONE IMPACTION GRAFTING FOR CORTICOSTEROID-ASSOCIATED OSTEONECROSIS OF THE KNEE. Rijnen, Wim H. C.; Luttjeboer, Jaap S.; Schreurs, B. Willem; Gardeniers, Jean W. M. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2006 Supplement 3, Vol. 88-A, p62
Background: Osteonecrosis of the distal portion of the femur produces a segment of dead bone in the weight-bearing portion of the femoral condyle, frequently associated with subchondral fracture and collapse and eventually resulting in secondary osteoarthritis. Treatment of these late stages of...
- Adjacent Segment Pathology Following Anterior Decompression and Fusion Using Cage and Plate for the Treatment of Degenerative Cervical Spinal Diseases. Kyung-Jin Song; Byung-Wan Choi; Jong-Kil Kim // Asian Spine Journal;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p720
Study Design: Retrospective study. Purpose: To analyze the incidence and prevalence of clinical adjacent segment pathology (CASP) following anterior decompression and fusion with cage and plate augmentation for degenerative cervical diseases. Overview of Literature: No long-term data on the use...
- Alendronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;3/24/2012, Issue 1394, p5
The article describes the case of a 58-year-old woman who developed osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) while under alendronic acid treatment regimen for osteoporosis.
- Risedronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;6/5/2010, Issue 1304, p31
The article describes the cases of two patients who suffered from osteonecrosis and/or osteomyelitis while taking risedronic acid for osteoporosis.
- Zoledronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;6/5/2010, Issue 1304, p34
The article describes the case of a 61-year-old female patient who suffered from osteonecrosis of the jaw following monthly infusions of zoledronic acid for metastatic breast cancer.
- Bevacizumab/corticosteroids. // Reactions Weekly;3/16/2013, Issue 1444, p11
The article presents a case study of a patient who developed osteonecrosis while receiving bevacizumab and another patient who received corticosteroids.
- Alendronic acid/denosumab. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1502 Issue 1, p5
An abstract of the article "Jaw osteonecrosis in a patient with postmenopausal osteoporosis on antiresorptive treatment," by I. Kostoglou-Athanassiou and colleagues is presented.