TRANSPORT IN HAROLDFROSTLAND: A METAPHOR FOR FLUID MOVEMENT TO AND THROUGH BASIC MULTICELLULAR UNITS
- A few figures. Montoya, Sarah // Secretary;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p5
Discusses types of figures of speech and presents examples used in communication. Personification; Onomatopoeia; Hyperbole.
- What are you saying? // Highlights for Children;Apr96, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p15
Presents some figures of speech.
- Vibration Methods of Diagnostics and Rehabilitation in Traumatology and Orthopedics. Shapin, V. I. // Proceedings of the International Conference Vibroengineering;2006, p195
Laboratory â€˜biomechanicsâ€™ elaborated an apparatus complex and a method of vibration diagnostics based on the analysis of resonance conditions of locomotor system. Influences of joints position, muscles fatiguability, tendons conditions in diseases and traumas on resonance...
- THE OXYMETAPHOR--Paradoxical Superstar. Gozzi, Jr., Raymond // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Summer99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p211
Provides information on oxymetaphor, a combination of metaphor and oxymoron. Definitions; Explanation on several examples of oxymetaphors.
- Holy Christmas! Edmonton, Brad // American Demographics;Dec95, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p60
Provides demographical data on four figures of regional American speech that contain the word `Christmas.' Why the map is distorted to represent population density rather than land area. The four words being `Christmas gift,' `Christmas tree,' 'Holy Christmas,' and `As slow as Christmas.'
- Imagery. Davis, Jonathan; Davis, Lisa // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p42
Offers curriculum ideas for a literature project about imagery geared to elementary students. Nature and purpose of imagery in learning and comprehension; Objectives; Details of the activities; Evaluation.
- Awakening a Language filled with Heart. Glass, Terri // Paths of Learning;Summer2003, Issue 17, p8
Focuses on the 'Language of the Awakened Heart' poetry program for children in the U.S. Theme of spiritual values for poetry guidebook; Self-discovery from the use of metaphor and imagery; Selection of stories and poems by school children.
- The Writer's Toolbox. // Scholastic Scope;2/5/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p20
The article presents information on the use of figurative language including metaphors, similes and personification to offer literal meanings and to enhance one's writing.
- Inside the Moon. // New Moon;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p47
Presents several figurative phrases that use the word green.