Laying down the law
- Legislative Priorities. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/29/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p34
The article discusses business-related legislations. It is averred that legislation that impacts an industry or business falls into one of two broad categories. It cites that one is forced upon them and initiated by others, while the other is initiated and promoted by the industry. It is argued...
- New bill will not halt stifling of UK business. Jenkins, Alan // Lawyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p8
The author comments on the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill and its impact on businesses in Great Britain. The bill is designed to expand the ministers' authority to change laws in order to expedite the process of eliminating inappropriate and burdensome legislation. The author recalls...
- State Must Mean Business With Reforms. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p38
Comments on the impact of reform proposals of legislators on the economy of California. Criticism on the anti-business legislation of the state; Transfer of business enterprises to other states; Plan of legislators to swap one set of tax dollars; Importance of business enterprises in the...
- Not the last word. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;8/31/2001, p34
Comments on the relevance of the South African Companies Act to the existing situation. Argument illustrated by the investment approach of Aquila Growth; Explanation of the myriad legal challenges that the South African government must face to update commercial laws in the country.
- Bill to protect UK trading interests. // Accountancy;Dec79, Vol. 90 Issue 1036, p14
The article reports on the introduction of a bill by the British government to protect companies from the efforts of United States authorities to enforce their laws throughout the world. It is called Protection of Trading Interests Bill. According to Clause 5 of the Bill, judgments for multiple...
- Comment PROTECTION OF NONENEMY INTERESTS IN ENEMY CORPORATIONS. Ford, Alan W. // California Law Review;Winter52/53, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p558
Focuses on the Trading With the Enemy Act in the U.S. Problems with the definition of enemy and of protection of nonenemy interests in corporations characterized as enemy under the Act; Objectives of the Act; Concept of enemy character.
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN INDIANA BUSINESS AND CONTRACT LAW. Dorelli, Michael A.; Scaletta, Phillip T. // Indiana Law Review;2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p603
The article discusses the development of Indiana business and contract law. Indiana courts rendered a number of significant decisions affecting businesses, as well as their owners, officers, directors, and shareholders. It also discusses the developments of interest to business litigators and...
- Lots of legislative action in Trenton. J.Mulroy, Gene // Business News New Jersey;12/01/97, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p6
Presents a report on bills affecting the business community in the United States. Bill to finance the development of economic growth areas; Bill to exempt direct sellers from provisions of the workers' compensation law; Bill to prohibit the intentional misrepresentation by a business of its...
- Ten years ago in Across the Board. Murphy, Brian // Across the Board;Jan1996, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p63
Presents an excerpt of an article published in the January 1986 issue of the periodical `Across the Board.' Impact of legislation and court decisions on business; Changes in the power of the employer over employees; Power of state and federal governments on the insurance industry.