Can we manage to change councils?
- Making sense of the ministry's prosperity plan. Atkins, Michael // Northern Ontario Business;Jan2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p4
Analyzes the Northern Prosperity Plan in Northern Ontario. Sectors in the province that comprises the plan; Opinion of the author on the Northern highways program; View of the author on the Northern Prosperity Plan.
- District of Columbia Government: Progress and Challenges in Performance Management: GAO-01-96T. // GAO Reports;10/3/2000, p1
This testimony focuses on the District of Columbia's progress and challenges in performance management. GAO discusses whether the District: (1) met the 29 performance goals that it scheduled for completion by the end of fiscal year 2000 that Congress chose from the more than 400 performance...
- Productivity: The Challenge for Local Government. Waddell, Bill // Business Forum;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p32
No abstract available.
- Icebergs and Government Productivity. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Region (10453369);Jun2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the failure of economic forecasters to measure labor productivity in the public sector in the United States. Details on the government spending as of June 2001; Importance of measuring government liability; Problems in the measurement of government productivity; Importance of...
- TRANSPARÃŠNCIA DOS MUNICÃPIOS DO RIO GRANDE DO NORTE: AVALIAÃ‡ÃƒO DA RELAÃ‡ÃƒO ENTRE O NÃVEL DE DISCLOSURE, TAMANHO E CARACTERÃSTICAS SOCIOECONÃ”MICAS. de Queiroz, Dimas Barreto; Nobre, Fabio Chaves; da Silva, Wesley Vieira; Araújo, Aneide Oliveira // Revista EvidenciaÃ§Ã£o ContÃ¡bil & FinanÃ§as;Jul-Dec2013, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p38
The transparency in fiscal management is indispensable condition in public administration, ensuring public access and regulatory agencies for activities undertaken by managers. The existence of informational asymmetries in this sector can cause behavioral biases related to agency theory, in...
- Measuring productivity in State and local government. Fisk, Donald M. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun84, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p47
Focuses on the confusion surrounding the basic concepts and procedures used to measure labor productivity in state and local government in the U.S. Importance of labor in measuring input in governments; Questions of effectiveness, consequences, outcome and impact.
- Favourable Conditions for the Manifestation of the Autonomy of the Local Public Administration Management in the County of Suceava. Zaharia, Petronela // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Technical Serie;2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p105
The foundation of the local public administration is the local autonomy, the proper performance of the managerial activity in this sector not being possible in its absence. From such a direction, in this paper we propose to analyse the conditions that favour the autonomy, with reference to the...
- A shining example. Horton, Martin // Public Finance;4/9/2004, p26
Focuses on the two local governments who were awarded of the Beacon status for the way they handle benefits administration in Great Britain. Blackpool Borough Council; Salford City Council.
- MÄƒsurarea performanÈ›elor serviciilor oferite cetÄƒÈ›enilor de PrimÄƒria Municipiului PiteÈ™ti (I). PENDIUC, Tudor // Quality - Access to Success;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p35
Nowadays, in the modern management of public administration, one uses a complex set of tools, methods and techniques through which the orientation towards performance is the main framework in which decisions are substantiated, local policies are implemented, results are measured and compared to...