First Second Driving Roaring Brook Sales; Earns Positive Reviews
- Roaring Brook to Launch Graphic Novel Imprint. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 29, p7
Reports on the plan of trade book publisher Roaring Brook Press to launch an imprint for comics and graphic novels aimed at teenagers and younger readers in the U.S. in 2004. Appointment of designer Mark Siegal at Roaring Brook; Number of books to be released by the imprint per year beginning...
- The Booklist Interview I. Cooper, Ilene // Booklist;3/15/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 14, p1325
Interviews publisher Simon Boughton of Roaring Book Press. Ratio of fiction to picture books; Competition between the imprints.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;7/24/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p6
The article offers news briefs in New York. Beginning 2007, HarperCollins will publish graphic novels based on Fox Filmed Entertainment properties. The launching of new imprint, Random House Books, in Great Britain by Random House is announced. In 2007, the lunching of HarperCollins Avon imprint...
- Toon Books Adds Imprint for Older Readers. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p6
The article discusses the launch of the Toon Graphics for Visual Readers imprint for graphic novels and illustrated books aimed at readers age eight and above by FranÃ§oise Mouly, founder of the Toon Books comics imprint for young readers. The first three titles to be published will be...
- The GN Imprint That Isn't. Wolk, Douglas // Publishers Weekly;3/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the publication of graphic novel imprints by Pantheon. List of graphic novels released by Pantheon; Decision of editor Dan Frank to publish books on their own terms; Difficulty in selling novels at independent stores.
- Comics Grow at Graphic Universe. C. R. // Publishers Weekly;3/2/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p8
The article presents information on Lerner Graphic Universe. A brief overview is given on the formation of the publishing firm under the Lerner Publishing Group's Carolrhoda Books imprint. The company has grown into its own imprint, adding more titles and series and even making a foray into the...
- Roaring Brook Press Kicks Off New Graphic Novel Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the launch of a graphic novel imprint from Roaring Book Press, which is aimed at children and young adults in the U.S. Intention of the company to break into graphic novels; List of upcoming titles; Aim of the company to publish more nonfiction books.
- Eponymous Imprints--They're Not Just For Ego Boosting Anymore. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the use of imprints by publishers to attract the interest of book buyers. Identification of a quality book; Opportunity for the editor to change the nature of their work; Marketing strategy of the publishers.
- How do imprints, subsidiaries and parent houses differ? // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep2001, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the difference between an imprint, a subsidiary and the parent publisher. Definitions; Publishing rules; Recommendations.