Wiley's Travel Acquisition Foreshadows Future of Travel Category
- Wiley writes next chapter: To grow with acquisitions. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Focuses on New York City-based midsized publisher John Wiley & Sons' expansion of its reach. Acquisition strategy; Vow to remain independent; Revenues for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1999.
- Travel Segment Challenged As Frommer's Goes on Auction Block. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the business performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc.' Frommer's travel brand which is up for sale as the company believes that the brand no longer aligns with their long-term business strategy.
- Today's TransactionsHoughton Mifflin Acquires Webster's and CliffsNotes. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/12/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p23
The article reports on the plan of Trade and Reference Division of publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcort to acquire the culinary portfolio of publishing firm John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Whatsonwhen targets trade. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/14/2008, p22
The article reports on the decision of event site whatsonwhen.com and travel guidebook giant Frommer's to target travel agencies and operators with their trip recommender tool. Borders bookshop has become the first company to use the tool in new travel kiosks in its U.S. stores. The trip...
- Wiley To Expand Its STM Roster In $1.08B Acquisition of Blackwell. // Educational Marketer;12/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Blackwell Publishing Inc. by John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. The deal is anticipated to close in early 2007 with a value of $1.08 billion. The merger will increase Wiley's journal output of 1250 per year. Wiley will buy the shares of Blackwell through...
- Yellow means gold for Cliffs Notes. // Curriculum Review;Feb99, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p3
Reports on IDG Books Worldwide Inc.'s acquisition of literature study aids publisher Cliffs Notes Inc. Value of the deal; Celebration of the 40th anniversary of Cliffs Notes.
- CORPORATE NEWS. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p39
The article presents updates on libraries in the U.S. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, acquired publishing assets from the Clinical Cardiology Publishing Co. (CCPC) and the Foundation for Advances in Medicine and Science. Outsell, Inc. announced that it acquired Electronic Publishing Services, Ltd. of...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
The article offers news briefs on the move of John Wiley & Sons Inc. to sell some assets in its Professional/Trade business and on the partnership of plagarism-prevention tool provider Turnitin.com with partnered with research resources provider ProQuest.
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // John Wiley & Sons, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Mar2012, p1
A business analysis of John Wiley & Sons Inc., a company engaged in publishing print and electronic products, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include its broad portfolio of products and services. Weaknesses...