Carroll & Graf to Cut Output 18% in 2007; Maintain Fiction Mix
- In the loop... // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on developments related to book publishers, current as of January 31, 2000. Includes Mysterious Press founder Otto Penzler's plan to work for Carroll & Graf; Barefoot Books' introduction of its first line of paperbacks for the United States market.
- Canadian Hit Finds U.S. Home. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the publication of the book "Shake Hands With the Devil," by Romeo Allaire in the U.S. Theme of the book; Performance of the book in the Canadian market; Rights of Philip Turner of Carroll & Graf to the publication of the literature.
- Book ends. Abbott, Charlotte // Advocate;7/3/2007, Issue 988, p14
The article discusses how book publisher Carroll & Graf fired their senior editor Don Weise, who was responsible for publishing many gay and lesbian books. The article reports that Weise and at least 23 of his colleagues were let go when Caroll & Grad and its sister imprint Thunder's Mouth were...
- Carroll Steps Down As Publisher Of The Press He Built 19 Years Ago. // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the departure of Kent Carroll as publisher and editor in chief of Carroll & Graf. Aim to pursue other opportunities in publishing; Background on the company's foundation and sale to Avalon Publishing Group.
- `Enemy' Makes Friends. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p87
Deals with the publishing of additional copies of Tim Binding's book `Lying With the Enemy' by Carroll & Graf. Overview of the book; Comments from Kent Carroll of Carroll & Graf.
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Publishing firm refines its focus. Agostinelli, Elizabeth A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the revitalization effort of Indianapolis-based Sams Technical Publishing by focusing on a new line of books centers on consumer-electronics and automotive technology. History of the publishing company; Action taken by the publishing company to both publish and redistribute other...
- A RETURNS-FREE WORLD. Maurer, Rolf // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the system of returning unsold books by booksellers to publishers in Canada. Problem with the system; Origin of the system of return; Impact of the non-returnable process on the publishers; Expensive nature of the current consignment system in bookselling; Benefits that the book...
- The battle of the knuckleheads. Bellafante, Ginia // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p72
Discusses the competition between the For Dummies series and the Idiot's Guide series of books as of September 1998. Number of titles for each; 1997 revenue; Top seller; Upcoming titles; When the Dummies series was launched; The differences in both series.