Suit Targets Hubert's Private Equity Profits
- Arbitration Clauses Fail to Stop Suits. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;9/9/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the mandatory arbitration of the lawsuit involving Conseco Finance Inc. by the South Carolina Supreme Court. Relief to the number of borrowers; Home improvement loans for the borrowers; Petition for review of the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Another ex-Conseco exec unveils tale of 'coercion'. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4A
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Ngaire Cuneo, former executive vice president of Conseco Finance Corp., against the firm for wrongful termination. Allegations of threat of loss of employment; Amount of loans she took out to buy now-deflated company stock; Defense to avoid loan payment.
- Ex-Conseco Finance CEO Uses Novel Defense in Loans Lawsuit. Chanen, Jill Schachner // Corporate Legal Times;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 136, p66
Focuses on the attempt of Bruce Crittenden, former CEO of Conseco Finance Corp. to extinguish any obligation he has to his former employer to repay stock purchase loans in the U.S. Bankruptcy protection filed by the company in federal bankruptcy court; Lawsuits filed by the company against its...
- Hilbert wins stay in Conseco loan dispute. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p37
Reports on the decision of a judge to put on hold the effort of Conseco Inc. to collect on its multimillion-dollar judgment against former CEO Stephen Hilbert while the executive seeks to overturn the ruling on appeal in Hamilton County, Indiana. Terms of the order set out by the judge; Facts of...
- Hilbert testimony 'false and misleading'? Conseco says yes. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p4A
The article comments on plan of Conseco Inc. to charge former executive Stephen Hilbert with contempt of court for testifying that he had few valuable assets beyond a $20 million mansion in Hamilton County, Indiana. Conseco had earlier won an $80 million judgment from the U.S. Supreme Court...
- Conseco asks judge to find Hilbert liable for loan interest. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p43A
Reports on the argument of Conseco Inc. attorneys in court about their loan-collection lawsuit against former CEO Stephen Hilbert in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Hilbert sues, dangles deal. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p3A
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Stephen Hilbert against Conseco Inc. which argues that legal language in Hilbert's termination agreement and other documents frees him from having repay more than $209 million in loans. Openness of Hilbert to a settlement; Hilbert's submission of an offer to...
- Hilbert attorneys appeal efforts to foreclose on mansion. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p39
Reports on the appeal efforts of the lawyers for former Conseco Inc. chief executive officer Stephen Hilbert in Hamilton County, Indiana. Decision of judge Judith Proffitt to foreclose his Carmel mansion; Rejection of defenses Hilbert raised in hopes of freeing himself from the 70 million...
- Ind. hospital group sues state over Medicaid cuts. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;2/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the Indiana Hospital Association's (IHA) lawsuit against the state of Indiana and Governor Evan Bayh's proposed Medicaid reforms. IHA's suit against the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration and the Indiana Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning; IHA president Kenneth G....