Decision Support: Competitive Aid
- Billing must get real-time. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the concept of usage-based billing in telecommunication industry. Type of billing; Flexibility of the billing; Problems encountered on the process; Limitations of the batch billing system; Criteria on billing the services.
- Aligning Traditional Billing Systems with NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Lowe, David // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p20
Provides information on the automated billing support systems (BSS) for telecommunication companies in the United States. Integration of the back-office operational support systems with BSS; Benefits of BSS.
- Outsourcing Billing: providers Tread Lightly. McKenna, Ted // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on the move of telecommunication service providers in North America to hire third-parties to construct their billing solutions. Cost of billing; Competitive advantages of flexible billing.
- A Change in Perspective. O'Keffe, Sue // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p6
Comments on the continuous use of operation support system (OSS) by telecommunication service providers. Role of OSS in controlling and managing operating expenditures; Significance of OSS in covering billings; Evidence of OSS spending.
- Converging for the customer. Norris, Richard; Rogers, Al // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p36
Details the effort of telecommunication companies in the United States to fully convergent billing systems that will create a convergent architecture benefiting the customer. Difficulties experienced in putting together customer care and billing infrastructures; Use of independent system by...
- It's time to take billing seriously. Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Provides information about billing in the telecommunication industry taken from a report by International Data Corp. recent to August 1999. Importance of billing; Problems encountered.
- Beyond billing. Maunder, Andrew P. // America's Network;10/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p8
Forecasts changes in telecommunications products and services providers' billing strategies. Possibilities of building integrated customer relationships; Features of a competitive telecommunication industry; Availability of transaction data.
- A new marketing tool. Blake, Pat // Communications News;Jun97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p15
Discusses the use of billing in the United States telecommunication industry as a marketing tool to attract and retain customers. Impact of the Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996 to the industry; Billing as a focal differentiator between personal communication services and cellular...
- The point of convergence. Hunter, Paul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p89
Elaborates on the challenges faced by telecommunication service providers in providing convergent billing to mobile and Internet service customers. Lack of flexible billing software; Problems with billing processes and the pace of technical development. INSET: Increase of convergent billing..
- Billing companies study calling party pays. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p20
Presents information on the need for sophisticated billing services to facilitate the expansion of the telecommunications market. Comments from Frank E. Baxter, chairman and chief executive officer of Jeffries and Company Incorporated; Information on calling party pays.