Decision Support: Competitive Aid
- Billing must get real-time. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the concept of usage-based billing in telecommunication industry. Type of billing; Flexibility of the billing; Problems encountered on the process; Limitations of the batch billing system; Criteria on billing the services.
- Aligning Traditional Billing Systems with NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Lowe, David // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p20
Provides information on the automated billing support systems (BSS) for telecommunication companies in the United States. Integration of the back-office operational support systems with BSS; Benefits of BSS.
- Outsourcing Billing: providers Tread Lightly. McKenna, Ted // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on the move of telecommunication service providers in North America to hire third-parties to construct their billing solutions. Cost of billing; Competitive advantages of flexible billing.
- A Change in Perspective. O'Keffe, Sue // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p6
Comments on the continuous use of operation support system (OSS) by telecommunication service providers. Role of OSS in controlling and managing operating expenditures; Significance of OSS in covering billings; Evidence of OSS spending.
- Converging for the customer. Norris, Richard; Rogers, Al // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p36
Details the effort of telecommunication companies in the United States to fully convergent billing systems that will create a convergent architecture benefiting the customer. Difficulties experienced in putting together customer care and billing infrastructures; Use of independent system by...
- It's time to take billing seriously. Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Provides information about billing in the telecommunication industry taken from a report by International Data Corp. recent to August 1999. Importance of billing; Problems encountered.
- Beyond billing. Maunder, Andrew P. // America's Network;10/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p8
Forecasts changes in telecommunications products and services providers' billing strategies. Possibilities of building integrated customer relationships; Features of a competitive telecommunication industry; Availability of transaction data.
- A new marketing tool. Blake, Pat // Communications News;Jun97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p15
Discusses the use of billing in the United States telecommunication industry as a marketing tool to attract and retain customers. Impact of the Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996 to the industry; Billing as a focal differentiator between personal communication services and cellular...
- The point of convergence. Hunter, Paul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p89
Elaborates on the challenges faced by telecommunication service providers in providing convergent billing to mobile and Internet service customers. Lack of flexible billing software; Problems with billing processes and the pace of technical development. INSET: Increase of convergent billing..
- The real cost of telecoms bills. Fegan, Paul // Computer Weekly;8/29/2002, p18
Comments on the procedures of telecommunication billings in Great Britain. Effect of technology improvement on the telecommunication industry; Complexity of the billing system; Difficulty in tracing billing errors.