Service Cuts Customers' Guesswork
- Glenayre intros universal platform. // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the introduction of a universal paging platform by Glenayre Technologies Incorporated's Wireless Messaging Group. How the platform functions; Information on the GL3210 Glenayre Multiprotocol Paging Platform.
- Glenayre releases Internet gateway. // RCR;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p14
Introduces the GL3200 by Glenayre Technologies' Wireless Messaging Group. GL3200 rated as a gateway from the Internet to both one and two-way paging; Features of the gateway; When testing of the GL3200 will be completed.
- Wireless Messaging Group aims to take messaging mainstream. // RCR;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p19
Reports on the Electronic Messaging Association's formation of the Wireless Messaging Group in the United States. Aim of promoting wireless technologies and solutions and educate corporate end users; Founding members of the group; Comment by Bern Elliot, co-chairman of the group.
- Glenayre testing two-way system. // RCR;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p22
Reports that Glenayre Technologies Incorporated's Wireless Messaging Group began testing its two-way data paging system with PageMart Wireless Incorporated. Selection of Glenayre to build PageMart's ReFLEX25 narrowband personal communications services network in Austin, Texas; Information on...
- Wireless hook for CE. Davey, Tom // PC Week;11/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p104
Reports that Socket Communications Inc., of Newark, California has developed software applications which allow users to receive wireless text messages of unlimited length. GTE Corp.'s SocketPageCard; Handheld computers from Casio Computer Co. Ltd. and Compaq Computer Corp which contain the Type...
- ACTIVELINK MESSAGE SERVICE FALLS SHORT. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p106
Features Active Link wireless Springboard Module, a two-way messaging device from Glenayre Electronics Inc. in Charlotte, North Carolina. Implication of the device for Handspring Inc. Visor devices; Character message limit of the unit; Absence of the browsing capabilities of the Novatel CDPD...
- Eagle lands at GTE. // Telephony;12/15/97, Vol. 233 Issue 24, p28
Discloses that GTE Intelligent Network Services will use Tekelec Inc.'s Eagle signal transfer point platform to deploy local number portability in its nationwide network.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p17
A calendar of events for the New York City area in August 2011 is presented which includes a conference titled "TV's Cloud Power:Profiting From Mobile Video and Intelligent Network Services," Minnesota Cable Communications Association Annual Meeting, and "The Independent Show."
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p39
No abstract available.