- Churn Return. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p128
Reports on the creation of market pro-active upgrade programs to address handset churn by cellular phone manufacturers. Meaning of handset churn; Overview of the New Every Two program unveiled by Verizon Wireless; Information on the handset upgrades at U.S. Cellular; Details on the...
- Roaming's Evolution. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;10/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p22
Provides information on the development of roaming departments in wireless communication systems. How Kim Whaley, staff manager of wholesale pricing and roaming, started the roaming department in Alltel, a network carrier; Role of wireless number portability on the operations of roaming...
- U.S. Carriers-Second Tier. // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on a number of U.S. wireless communications providers based on the number of subscribers for year-end 2002. Alltel Corp.; United States Cellular Corp.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; Western Wireless Corp.
- Country carriers keep up with national operators. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on the improvement of the wireless access of customers in rural areas in the U.S. as of April 21, 2003. Plan of regional carriers Alltel Corp. and U.S. Cellular Corp. to deploy code division multiple access technology on their networks; Intention of Midwest Wireless to introduce...
- Alltel, U.S. Cellular report strong growth, but at
higher cost. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p16
Provides information on the market performance of wireless operators Alltel Corp. and U.S. Cellular Corp. for the third quarter of 2004. Total number of subscribers of Alltel; Statistics on the customer acquisition and usage costs of Alltel; Attributes of the customer growth of U.S. Cellular.
- U.S. Carriers--Second Tier. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p16
Presents a list of top regional wireless operators in the U.S. as of 2002. Alltel Corp.; United States Cellular Corp.; Western Wireless Corp.; Leap Wireless International Inc.
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p30
This section shows the stock performance of Alltel Corp., U.S. Cellular Corp. and other wireless carriers and vendors in the U.S. for the week of September 8-15, 2005.
- National Telemanagement answers prepaid wireless dilemmas. Luna, Lynette // RCR;12/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p13
Presents information on National Telemanagement Corporation (NTC) solving the problem of the prepaid wireless industry. Customers' advantages of using NTC's American Roaming Network; Who NTC has an exclusive agreement with; Factors behind the agreement; Companies which NTC provides the SmartPay...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;12/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p17
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of December 2004. Acquisition of wireless assets from U.S. Cellular Corp. by regional wireless provider Alltel Corp.; Status of the agreement between wireless telecommunication company P-Com Inc. and Agilent; Terms...