Globalstar Suddenly In Spotlight
- Globalstar enters Russian market. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p28
Informs on Globalstar's introduction of commercial telecommunication service in Russia.
- Globalstar plans offering to fund its LEO system. // RCR;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p23
Reports that Globalstar L.P. plans to sell senior notes due in 2004 in its efforts to raise funds for a worldwide, low-earth-orbit (LEO) satellite-based digital telecom system. Information on the company's plans for the construction of LEO satellites; Details on the notes for sale; Views of the...
- Globalstar launch bombs. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the reaction of mobile satellite service investors to the announcement that Globalstar L.L.P lost twelve satellites. Implications of the failed rocket launch; Description of the factors contributing to the problems which prohibited the launch; Comments from Tim O'Neil, financial...
- Globalstar expands South American coverage. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p53
Reports on Globalstar do Brasil's launch of a telecommunication gateway to serve the northeastern region of Brazil.
- Globalstar's new senior notes will fund its world network. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p46
Reports on the finance by Globalstar Telecommunications Limited to build and launch 56 low-earth-orbit satellites for digital wireless voice and data service covering the world by 1998. Founding members of Global Telecommunications; Focal issues that concerns Globalstar; Amount of money...
- Globalstar's Woes Deepen. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the bankruptcy protection filed by Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd. with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. Business partners of Globalstar; Recovery plan of the company; Assets and liabilities of the company.
- Globalstar to issue $325M senior notes. // RCR;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p28
Reports on the sale of $325 million issue of senior notes by Globalstar L.P company. When the company is expected to begin offering commercial notes; Date for the scheduled launch of its satellites.
- Globalstar share offering misses target...just. Bulloch, Chris; Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Mar95, Vol. 50 Issue 588, p42
Reports that Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd. has raised $200 million in its initial public stock offering. Attempt to test public confidence in satellite personal communications.
- Globalstar arranges credit facility. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p26
Reports on Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd.'s arrangement of a credit facility underwritten by Bank of America which will be used to finance the company's low-earth orbit satellite system.