Sprint PCS To Scrutinize Samsung Infrastructure
- Catching The Wireless Web Wave. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p18
Focuses on the development of innovative devices for wireless Internet. Devices offered to different user groups; Wireless handheld devices developed by Samsung Telecommunications America and Spring PCS; Factors to be considered in designing wireless devices.
- Samsung, Sprint PCS unveil handset. // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p17
Reports that Sprint PCS and Samsung Telecommunications America unveiled the Samsung SPH-N200 handset for Sprint's wireless network in July 2001. Colors and features of the cellular phone.
- Challenge to WiMAX: Sprint Nextel To Look At Korea's WiBRO. // TelecomWeb News Digest;9/16/2005, p2
The article reports on the decision of Sprint Nextel to test Wireless Broadband (WiBRO), the South Korean implementation of the IEEE 802.16e standard, through a deal with Samsung Telecommunications in the U.S. Sprint Nextel will conduct laboratory tests, customer field trials and...
- Sprint PCS begins prepaid test marketing. // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p29
Reports the test marketing of prepaid wireless phone program of Sprint PCS which will begin by the end of June 2001. Target market of the program; Services which will be offered to trial participants; Price plans of the service.
- Sprint and Samsung donate $500,000 for cancer foundation. // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p4
Reports that a partnership to promote breast cancer awareness was formed between the companies Samsung Telecommunications America and Sprint PCS. What the partnership consists of; Value of a donation which the companies will make to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation; Details on the...
- Samsung, Sprint debut CDMA dual-band Internet phone. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p32
Reports on Samsung Telecommunications America and Sprint PCS' introduction of the Samsung SCH-3500 dual-band Code Division Multiple Access phone. Agreement between the two companies wherein Samsung will deliver SCH dual-band/dual-mode series phones to Sprint PCS; Key features of the SCH-3500.
- Samsung prepares for aggressive U.S. sales, marketing effort. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p30
Reports on Samsung Telecommunications America's aggressive marketing in the United States for its wireless products.
- Sprint, Motorola to trial 3G CDMA technology. // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p29
Announces an agreement between Sprint PCS and Motorola Inc. to begin a third-generation trial of Code Division Multiple Access digital wireless technology in the third quarter of 2000. Objectives of the trial.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p3
Presents news briefs from the wireless communication industry as of May 15, 2000. Sale of the Chilean venture of Leap Wireless International to Endesa; Testing of third-generation wireless technology by Qualcomm and Sprint PCS; Contract won by MetroCall Inc. with the city of Austin, Texas to...