Inside The NextWave Mess
- Spectrum License Issue Hanging Fire. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the status of the spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Campaign of the White House to reclaim NextWave's spectrum licenses; Opposition of Congressional leaders to the attempt to use spectrum as a tool for...
- NextWave-FCC Battle Heats Up. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p3
No abstract available.
- FCC granted emergency stay in NextWave case. Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's receipt of a stay in its appeal against the bankruptcy reorganization of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Previous ruling of a court on the agency's request for a stay; Testimonies of Nextwave's executives on its plans for...
- FCC on losing end in court lately. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p22
Focuses on cases that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has been fighting in federal courts. Conflict over whether the FCC should issue a pioneer's preference license to Qualcomm; Remedy hearing in the NextWave Personal Communications Inc.; Challenges faced by the agency...
- Court says communications law is supreme in NextWave case. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in the NextWave Personal Communications Inc. case. Basis of the decision indicating that telecommunication law overrides bankruptcy law in licensing grants given by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Spectrum Belongs To No One. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the United States Federal Communications Commission against NextWave Personal Communications Inc., which involves the company's radio spectrum licenses. How the planned hostile takeover by Nextel Communications triggered the case; Emphasis on the absence of...
- Industry Backs FCC On Ruling. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the opposition of wireless telephone industries in the United States (US) to the plans of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to cancel personal communication service system licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Efforts of the FCC to reverse a bankruptcy court's...
- NextWave Victory Positive for Wireless. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the bankruptcy code when it revoked the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Valuation of NextWave's assets; Amount of NextWave's loan to the commission; Auction of NextWave.
- NextWave Victory Bodes Well for the Wireless Sector. // High Yield Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Relates developments in the lawsuit filed by NextWave Personal Communications Inc. against the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.