North Dakota Sides With Western
- On-Line. Harter, Betsy; Reed-Flynn, Heather // Wireless Review;10/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p8
Presents various news briefs on wireless telecommunications. Technology requirements for wireline, cellular and PCS carriers the United States Federal Communications Commission has adopted to comply with CALEA; Details on the Teenage Marketing and Lifestyle Survey from Teenage Research Unlimited...
- N.D. Splits Difference For Carrier. // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the ruling of the North Dakota Public Service Commission on the eligibility of Western Wireless Corp. for federal universal service support. Competitor of Western Wireless; Issues that are not yet settled by the commission.
- Wireless storms local loop. GOHRING, NANCY // Telephony;01/18/99, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the issue in Regent, North Dakota on whether wireless operator, Western Wireless must follow the same path as a wireline operator to offer competitive local service. Lawsuit filed by Western Wireless against the Consolidated Telephone Cooperative (CTC); Why Western Wireless believes...
- Eyes on the prize. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/5/96Supplement, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p28
Reports on Western Wireless Inc.'s accomplishments in the wireless communications market. Deployment of networks and offer of commercial service in four of its markets; Advantages of Western Wireless in the area of microwave relocation of incumbents in the 2 GHz band; Speed in gaining zoning...
- Washington firm to bring new phone technology to Utah. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/14/95, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Bellevue, Washington-based non-wireline cellular telephone system Western Wireless Corp.'s plan to bring broadband Personal Communications Services (PCS) technology to Utah. Features of technology; Expansion of company's geographic footprint; Pricing of PCS service; Background on...
- Western Wireless. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on wireless communication carrier Western Wireless. Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Percentage of the company's network upgraded to code division multiple access; Value of business sold in Latvia.
- Western Wireless: Don't treat rural carriers 'special'. // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p17
Reports on Western Wireless Corp.'s issuance of a policy paper reiterating that rural local exchange carriers (LEC) should not get special treatment from regulators. Western's competition with rural LEC; Reasons why competition in rural America has been slow.
- Western wireless gains USF eligibility. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p8
Reports that Western Wireless Corp. has decided to begin offering competitive local exchange services in Minnesota in 1999 after it became the first mobile carrier to gain eligibility for universal-service funds.
- Navigating the InfoStream. // Telephony;11/18/96, Vol. 231 Issue 21, p72
Cites the launching of a wireless data service called InfoStream by the Western Wireless.