Unicom Ventures Must End
- China Unicom to shift media brief. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/2/2009, p1
The article reports on the transfer of the media account of China Unicom Ltd. to a joint venture either Dentsu and Focus Media in Beijing, China.
- China Unicom ordered to dissolve ventures before October. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p2
Focuses on Chinese regulators' mandate for China Unicom to terminate more than 40 joint ventures with foreign investors by the end of September 1999.
- AmTec is early bird in China through Unicom ventures. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p46
Reports on AmTec Inc.'s establishment of joint ventures with China Unicom to develop new wireless telephony systems in Hebei, China. AmTec's ownership of six new Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications networks that launched commercial service last fall 1998; Average penetration rate for...
- Qualcomm, China Unicom Form Joint Venture. // Electronic News;3/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the joint venture formed by Qualcomm Inc. and China Unicom. Benefits of the venture on China Unicom; Estimated investments of the two companies.
- Cell phones threaten China's paging sector. Lens, Michel // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the competition between mobile phone and paging manufacturers in Beijing, China as of March 2001. Comparison between mobile-phone subscribers and paging subscribers; Number of paging subscribers provided by the Ministry of Information Industry of China to China Unicom; Claims of...
- PreCash Inc. Starts Venture in China. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;4/12/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 70, p6
The article focuses on PreCash Inc., a Houston, Texas-based provider of bill payment services to the unbanked, which plans to offer its services in China. PreCash claims to have two contracts under a joint venture called China eCash with major mobile service providers China Mobile and China Unicom.
- SK Telecom signs JV deal with China Unicom. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the agreement signed by mobile carrier SK Telecom company with China Unicom company to establish a wireless Internet joint venture in China. Significance of their move in the Chinese wireless market; Terms of the agreement.
- Qualcomm, China Unicom Form CDMA Venture. // Electronic News;12/9/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 50, pN.PAG
Highlights the agreement signed between Qualcomm Inc. and China Unicom to spur the growth of the developer community and the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless platform of Qualcomm in China. Terms of the joint venture deal; Comments from Paul E. Jacobs, president of Qualcomm wireless and...
- China to boost broadband internet service in Tibet. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jan2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the investment worth 1.8 billion yuan of China Unicom Ltd. in Tibet Autonomous Region to improve its information infrastructure and telecommunications infrastructure in China.