CTIA: Nextel Pact Harms FCC
- LARGENT PUSHES ALTERNATIVE AT 800 MHz AS NEXTEL FUMES. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;5/17/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the consideration given by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to an 800 megahertz rebanding proposal from the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association. Potential of awarding replacement spectrum to Nextel Communications Inc.; Elimination of interference for public...
- CTIA board letter to FCC Purports consensus on CPP. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the letter of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) urging the FCC to allow carriers to institute calling-party-pays (CPP) service. Similarity of CPP and long-distance toll calling; Increase of competition...
- CTIA to sue if private wireless gets spectrum. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's plan to release auction and service rules that will make 30 megahertz of spectrum available for commercial use. Cellular Telecommunication Industry Association's intention to file a lawsuit if the Commission pushes through with...
- CTIA urges FCC to institute bill-and-keep now, PCIA asks for time to transition. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p23
Reports on the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association's call on the United Stats Federal Communications Commission to bill-and-keep mechanism for reciprocal compensation.
- CTIA Urges Quick Action On Portability. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p14
Deals with the efforts of the Cellular Telecommunication Industry Association to urge the U.S. Federal Communications Commissions to consider the cost versus benefits of imposing a portability requirement for wireless carriers. Views of the association on the requirement.
- MSS operators face Wednesday deadline. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p7
Focuses on the 2001 guidelines set by the International Bureau at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. List of communications companies allowed to operate in an equal 3.5-megahertz segment of spectrum in the 1990-2025 megahertz and 2165-2200 megahertz bands; Views of the Cellular...
- CTIA seeks 'predictable' process to gain spectrum. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the request of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to develop a process for accessing additional spectrum. Expectation on spectrum management practices; Issues regarding spectrum allocation.
- FCC: PCS auction won't be delayed. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;3/7/94, Vol. 226 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission official's attempts to play down the rumors at the 1994 Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association show in San Diego, California that personal communication services (PCS) will be delayed until 1995. FCC's satisfaction of the statutory...
- $6M shortfall means fewer FCC staffers at CTIA show. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p2
Reports the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to limit staff delegations to the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) Wireless 2000 show. Factors affecting the decision; Executives slated to attend the show; Amount of government...