Quilts of the Old Dominion
- Two Painted Crazy Quilts. Moore, Linda // Piecework;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p22
The article offers information on the art of making crazy quilts. According to the article, the exhibits at the Japanese pavilion at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, could be the heralders of the fashion of crazy quiltmaking. It has been informed that the patterns of...
- PRETTY PATCHES. // Country Living;Nov2008, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p15
The article features the development of several pretty and attractive patches in the U.S. These patches are inspired by vintage crazy quilts which upgraded with their vibrant and attractive combined colors, texture and pattern. These products are easy to design by using some fabric remnants and...
- "Things We Do in Bed" Celebrates Quilts. KARR-PETRAS, MARY KATE // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Oct/Nov2014, Issue 442, p14
The article reviews the exhibition "Things We Do in Bed," at the Danson House in Bexleyheath, Kent, England until October 31, 2014.
- Berlin Gets Its Own Quilt Show. KARR-PETRAS, MARY KATE // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Oct/Nov2014, Issue 442, p14
The article discusses the first edition of the Expo Berlin quilt show that was held at the NH Hotel Friedrichstrasse in Berlin, Germany in the spring of 2014. INSET: 2.
- "Sign Here" Exhibit in York, England. KARR-PETRAS, MARY KATE // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p12
The article reviews the exhibition "Sign Here," at the Quilt Museum and Galleery in York, England through December 13, 2014.
- Denver Exhibit Examines Artistic Decision Making. KARR-PETRAS, MARY KATE // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p12
The article reviews the exhibition "First Glance/Second Look: Quilts From the Denver Art Museum Collection," at the Denver Art Museum in Colorado through March 22, 2014.
- Community Quilt Project Addresses Sexual Violence. KARR-PETRAS, MARY KATE // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p14
The article reviews the traveling exhibit "The Monument Quilt project" being shown across cities in the U.S.
- Material Girls Quilt Guild Show. // Navajo Times;10/2/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 40, pC-5
The article offers information about the "Material Girls Quilt Guild Show" to be held at the Snowdrift in Winslow, Arizona on October 3-4, 2014.
- QUILTS OF CALIFORNIA ON DISPLAY. // Piecework;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "Quilts: California Bound, California Made 1840-1940" at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Museum-Galleries in Los Angeles, California until December 6, 2002.