Merry Christmas Quilts
- SEW MANY tips. Alexander, Dottie; Thompson, Lin; Mars, Chris; Beebe, Eleanor; Gregory, Judy; Wentling, Diantha; White, Anna // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p8
The article offers tips from readers about sewing and quilting. One reader mentions that she uses a garden kneeling pad when arranging blocks or layering backing, batting, and quilt top on a floor. Another one shares that she transfers the cutting instructions to a dry erase board before...
- A Perfect Fit. Harris, Diane // Quiltmaker;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 144, p16
The article discusses techniques for making perfect pieced borders for quilt. It notes the importance of being accurate in the entire process of pressing and cutting the fabrics for the correct size. It cites that cutting plain borders on the lengthwise grain will result in less stretch for the...
- Pine Tree. // Quilter's World;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
Presents steps in making the Pine Tree quilt. Materials needed; Instructions in Antique quilt; Information on how to make the topper.
- Patriots' Hearts. Crawford, Michele // Clotilde's Sewing Savvy;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p81
The article offers step-by-step instructions on sewing a lap quilt. It outlines materials and products that are needed.
- When does an obsession become therapy? // QUILTsocial;Fall2014, Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's insights about quilting as a therapy instead of an obsession. The author cites that quilting should be called therapy instead of obsession to those who quilt with every thread of their being. She also suggests the QUILTsocial eZine as a book of projects that...
- A Stitch in Another Time. // Time;8/6/1965, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p62
The article focuses on quilting as an art. It notes that quilting has great era in America ran from 1750 to 1870 when the Industrial Revolution put an end to the need for home manufacture. It also mentions that the very nature of quilting, whether applique or piecework, required fancy sewing...
- sew to speak. // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issue about quilting including an article about the Monster Trucks applique pattern, an article about Spring Skinnie design, and an article about the Dinosaur Games design.
- Second Time Around. // Quilter's World;Feb2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p45
The article presents information on design alternatives using the Twisted Stars design in quilting. The star points in the design may seem to spin if the two triangle/squares that make up the star points are eliminated. The Crayon Box Brights collection by Kari Pearson for Quilting Treasures...
- Broken Wheel. Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p28
This article offers a step-by-step instruction on creating a Broken Wheel quilt. It outlines the sewing materials and tools that are needed, project specifications, tips on piecing broken wheel blocks, piecing half-blocks and quarter-blocks.