DATELINE: Mickey Thompson Filming Man in the Steel Cage Sometime in the early 1980s
- D. Thompson still chasing Bonneville speed attempt. // Tire Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that Danny Thompson, son of late Mickey Thompson, an American off-road race driver has launched a fundraising campaign to support the development of the Challenger 2.5 project, the restoration of Mickey Thompson's Challenger 2 Streamliner. Thompson launched the Challenger 2...
- Bandito films auto racing murder tale. Sneider, Jeff // Daily Variety;12/19/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 59, p5
The article reports that Bandito Brothers will produce the film "Challenger," which is the life story of murdered auto racing promoter Mickey Thompson. David Baxter will write the film. Thompson and his wife were killed in 1988 by two hooded gunmen. Thompson's estranged business partner and...
- STROIUM SUPER TRUCKS TROPHY TO BE NAMED AFTER MICKEY THOMPSON. // DIRTSports;Jul2013, Vol. 9 Issue 99, p10
The article announces that the 2013 Stadium Super Trucks champion will received the Inaugural Mickey Thompson Championship Trophy (MTEG), an indoor motocross in honor of the racer Mickey Thompson.
- Thompson case solved? // AutoWeek;12/24/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 54, p8
Reports the status of the murder case of land-speed record-setter Mickey Thompson. Details on the murder of Thompson; Arrest of business partner Michael Frank Goodwin; Reward of one million dollars for information leading to the arrest of the hit men.
- Mickey Thompson's Challenger II returns. // Octane;Oct2013, Issue 124, p18
The article announces the relaunch of the Challenger II racing automobile under the brand name of American off-road racing racer Mickey Thompson as of October 2013.
- Man injured in motorcycle crush. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/17/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the crash motorcycle into a pickup at Highway 22/East Jefferson Street in Whitney, Texas on July 9, 2013 that injured the motorcycle driver Danny Thompson Jr.
- YOUR STUFF. Seaweed, Lisa N.; Harding, Perry; Major, Simon; McKillop-Davies, Paul; Cox, Darrell; B., Kev; Randall, Bret; Goudie, Ashley; Goodsir, David; Evans, Laurelle; Trotter, Cam // Street Machine;Jul2014, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p037
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article in the April 2014 issue on tractor pulling, a caption on the cover of the May 2014 issue, and an article in the March 2013 issue on the career of race car driver Mickey Thompson.
- THE IN-BOX. Kassanyi, Steve; Srednick, Craig; Munoz, Juan // DIRTSports;Jun2010, Vol. 6 Issue 64, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on motor racing legend Mickey Thompson by Doug Strokes in the April 2010 issue.
- DATELINE: MICKEY THOMPSON'S 1982 BAJA 1000 WIN. // DIRTSports;Mar2013, Vol. 9 Issue 95, p82
In this article, the author discusses an incident from the life of an off-road icon Mickey Thompson who had won the off-road racing event Baja 1000 in 1982. He informs that Mickey had announced his retirement from off-road racing the year before in 1981 but return back for Baja 1000. He further...