- Ally to Delay IPO Until Markets Improve. Kline, Alan // American Banker;6/13/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 90, p12
The article reports that the financial services industry company Ally Financial Inc. plans to delay its initial public offering (IPO) until U.S. stock prices improve.
- WORD OF THE WEEK. Macsai, Dan; Rawlings, Nate; Scherer, Michael; Thompson, Mark // Time;6/4/2012, Vol. 179 Issue 22, p16
The article presents a humorous definition for the word faceplant and relates the term to the initial public offering (IPO) presented by social networking company Facebook in May 2012 and a drop in its stock share value.
- Where's the Banker When Companies Go Public--or Merge? Pomboy, Richard M. // Banking;Apr69, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p39
Discusses the role of bankers in making decisions for public offering or merger of corporations. Limitations of the role of lawyers and accountants on the situation; Approaches for bankers to improve their expertise in public offering and merger.
- NCB Capital advising two upcoming local listings. Hancock, Melissa // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/24/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 39, p14
The article announces that NCB Capital in Saudi Arabia will be advising two local companies, one in a real estate business, and one on leasing and installment business, for its planned listings of initial public offerings (IPOs) for 2011.
- The economic profitability of pre-IPO earnings management and IPO underperformance. Xiong, Yan; Zhou, Haiyan; Varshney, Sanjay // Journal of Economics & Finance;Jul2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p229
The purpose of this paper is to test the market performance of a zero-investment trading strategy based on the knowledge of IPO underperformance and estimates of pre-IPO earnings management. This trading strategy is implemented by forming two-firm portfolios that take short positions in the IPOs...
- Lights, Camera, Investment Banker. Boorstin, Julia // Fortune;8/13/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on Civilian Pictures, an entertainment company which raises money for motion pictures by offering initial public offerings (IPOs) on the project. Details of the operation; How the process eliminates high-profile investors; Possible returns on an investment.
- Deals and cases. // Lawyer;7/22/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p36
The article focuses on the merger deals and cases completed by offshore attorneys in the second quarter of 2013. Information is provided on various deals including the refinancing of the cruise company Norwegian Cruise Lines, the sale of the social network VK.com, and the initial public offering...
- China's Solar-Energy IPOs Getting Bigger. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p71
The article reports on the steady growth of China's solar-energy initial public offering (IPO). According to the author, Chinese manufacturers of solar products are raising money on Wall Street through IPOs to expand their facilities in order to meet growing demands for alternative energy....
- THE COST OF OWNERSHIP. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Philadelphia;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p4
The article presents the author's insights regarding the responsibilities of a chief executive officer (CEO). The author mentions the four ways for growing a company, which include mergers and acquisitions, going public, and debt financing. The author suggests the need for the CEOs to look...