- Genworth Buys Back Shares from Merrill. // American Banker;5/21/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 97, p21
The article discusses Genworth Financial Inc.'s decision to buy 16.5 million shares of its common stock back from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Genworth paid $600 million for the stock and said the move came as part of accelerated stock repurchase agreement. It also said the repurchase will help...
- Merrill Doubles Net, Plans To Keep On Diversifying. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;4/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 71, p20
Citing improved revenues across the board, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; said Tuesday that it nearly doubled its profits in the first quarter and will continue to diversify revenues and invest in selected businesses. Merrill has moved to diversify its revenues since a massive restructuring more than...
- Merrill: We're `Well Positioned'. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;1/24/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p4
Reports the move of Merrill Lynch & Co. in improving the company in New York. Plans in establishing a unit on structured financing; Regulation of the global markets and investment banking division; Impact of the terrorist attacks on the company.
- Merrill realigns structured finance effort to leverage balance sheet, shooting for league presence of yesteryear. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the restructuring of Merrill Lynch finance units. Translation of balance sheets to additional lead managing business; Reconstruction of finance operations with the principal finance group; List of groups affected by the structural change.
- Merrill Says It May Sell Off Canadian Retail Brokerage. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;11/8/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 215, p2
Reports the termination of Canadian retail brokerage operation held by Merrill Lynch & Co. in the United States. Impact of sales generated by the company; Views shared by Chief Operating Officer E. Stanley O'Neal; Information on other cut backs planned by the company.
- San Manuel Indian tribe casino deals $265 to buysiders. H. B. O. // Private Placement Letter;11/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the securities transaction of San Manuel Entertainment Authority through its agent Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the U.S. Purpose of the deal's proceeds; Terms of the deal; Rating of the issue by Fitch Ratings.
- To Cover Revamp, Merrill Taking a $2.2B Charge. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;1/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the business plans of Merrill Lynch and Co. Reorganization efforts; Decision to take a pretax charge for the fourth quarter of 2001; Projection of the amount saved due to the restructuring efforts.
- Merrill Proposes Parallel Index to Deal with Fallen Angels. // High Yield Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p1
Reports the proposal of Merrill Lynch to construct a constrained index series for high yield portfolio in the U.S. Reduction of the face value of the bond issuers; Growth of the pro-rata basis of the face value of bonds; Management of risk guidelines.
- Merrill Seeks Bank To Issue Credit Card. Lee, W.A. // American Banker;5/20/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 96, p18
Reports on efforts of brokerage firm Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to seek a bank partner for issuing a consumer credit card. Possible date by which the company plans to launch the card; Type of card products issued by the firm to its private clients.