REIT IPO To Defy Privatization Wave
- Anacor Jumps Back into IPO Queue with $86.25M Filing. Morrison, Trista // BioWorld Today;9/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 177, p1
The article reports that Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc. has filed to raise 86.25 million U.S. dollars in an initial public offering (IPO) in the U.S. in September 2010. It says that the boron chemistry specialist is trying again after the collapse of the financial markets forced the firm to forgo...
- Dollar General IPO. // MMR;9/7/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the plan of Dollar General Corp. in the U.S. for an initial public offering (IPO) to raise as much as 750 million dollars. It notes that the company's filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission may become as one of the largest IPOs in 2009. It expects to pay a...
- Doing an IPO: What really matters. Dunham, Archie W. // Directors & Boards;Fall2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p96
Advises business enterprises that are planning to go public. Factors to consider before going public; Importance of good timing in initial public offerings; Methods of avoiding over-communicating.
- New money targets spirited tech startups. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p3
This article reports that a group of wealthy individuals willing to invest in young technology companies is giving Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs a new door to knock on. The North Coast Angel Fund, formed in late summer 2005, plans to make investments of $100,000 to $200,000 in various early-stage...
- CHAPTER B: Venture Potential. // Introduction to Angel Investing;2009, p180
The article offers information on the importance of evaluating an Angel investment in the management team's quality as well as in the viability and quality of the business concept. It states that evaluation of a potential investment requires differentiation between ventures being prepared for a...
- We Need a Business Plan? MCTAGUE, MICHAEL // Equities;Sep2008, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses the importance of business plans for companies intending to approach the capital markets. It notes that executive summary of a business plan forms the most powerful part as it indicates the benefits of investing. It adds that investors may lost patience and interest in...
- Rural America Is Dialing Into Wall Street Collect. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Jul2004, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on a type of initial public offering that is appealing to slow-growth businesses that happen to have strong cash flows in the United States. Deal structure; Benefits of the deal; Appeal to small rural telecom companies; Marketing barriers of selling a hybrid to United States investors.
- Hoover's scorecard confirms decline in new offerings. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p34
Reports on the decrease in the number of initial public offerings (IPO) in the U.S. Total number of companies that went public; Hesitation of investors to invest in companies when resulting IPO proceeds go to debt or company insiders; Number of IPOs in the country.
- WHERE DID THEY GO? Hyatt, Abraham // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the declining number of initial public offerings (IPOs) in Oregon. It has been four years since the state had its last IPO. The decrease in IPOs has put funding for Oregon's startups and venture investors at risk, keeping investors' money tied up in companies that can't go...