PwC Re-Enters Restructuring's Brave New World
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Seeks Freedom for Consulting. // CPA Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p8
Reports that PricewaterhouseCoopers announced its plans to disaggregate into two or more separate operating units. Implication of such plans; Effect on the separate business entities.
- PwC shake-up driven by clients not rivals, says Powell. Percy, Sally // Accountancy;Sep2008, Vol. 142 Issue 1381, p5
The article reports that plans to reorganize its global network do not indicate that accounting company PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is afraid of its rivals. PwC senior partner Ian Powell reports that the shake up of the company was actually driven by its clients. Details about the reorganized...
- PLCs seek help to avoid insolvency. // Accountancy;Aug2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1308, p8
Insolvency practitioners have warned that British PLCs could be sifting on a debt repayment time bomb. PricewaterhouseCoopers' corporate restructuring arm took the unusual step last month of revealing that it was advising 24 major PLC clients on pre-insolvency restructuring. Many of these...
- Majority of Irish businesses planning to continue restructuring in the year ahead. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p94
The article reports on the results of the poll of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) on the plan of companies to continue restructuring its business in Ireland.
- PwC builds some walls. // BRW;02/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p97
Reports on the restructuring of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Regulatory concerns about audit independence; Isolation of the audit, tax and business advisory partnership from the consulting operations.
- 4 Vie for Global PwC Division. Sampey, Kathleen; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/22/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p3
Reports the plan of PricewaterhouseCoopers for global rebranding of the separate consulting division. Budget for the rebranding effort; Names of advertising agencies pitching for the account; Impact of the Enron Corp. accounting scandal on the rebranding decision of the company.
- THE FIVE COMMANDMENTS. Jervis, Mike // Estates Gazette;9/17/2011, Issue 1137, p102
The author points out the importance for landlords to follow certain rules when dealing with restructuring tenants in Great Britain. The five rules that insolvency practitioners should consider in restructurings include the need to engage with shareholders and acting quickly to prevent the...
- Knight's move is into check. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;10/21/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p2
Reports that PricewaterhouseCoopers is trading Ryobi's British dealer, Knight Machinery, under an administration order while trying to either restructure the operation or to sell it on. Appointment of Ian Green and Stephen Ellis as joint administrators to the business; Operations under the...
- Credit woes and poor planning send company failures soaring. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);5/1/2008, p11
The article reports on the corporate insolvencies across the economies of England and Wales, which rose by 21% in the first quarter of 2008 since the fallout from the dot-com crash compared to the last quarter of 2007. These statistics were compiled by PricewaterhouseCoopers' (PwC). Partner in...