eCollege Sets Record Student Usage On Online Course Platform
- Research and Application of Importance Degree Evaluation Method of Complex Network Cascade Connection Node based on Load Redistribution. Yunpeng Zhang // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 998-999, p1174
This paper presented a model with overload function for cascading failure. The main differences with respect to previous models are as follows: overload function is defined for each node, according to the value of overload function, one node has th ree states: success, overload, failure. After...
- Sustaining Negotiated QoS in Connection Admission Control for ATM Networks Using Fuzzy Logic Techniques. Williams Onifade, Olufade F.; Aderounmu, G. A.; Tayo, Oluwasikemi // Issues in Informing Science & Information Technology;2008, Vol. 5, p645
The objective of connection admission control (CAC) is to keep the network load moderate to achieve a performance objective associated with Quality of Service (QoS). Cell Loss Ratio (CLR), a key QoS parameter in ATM networks, is essential for proper network resources dimensioning, congestion...
- An Efficient Algorithm for Finding the k-edge Survivability in Ring Network. Young-Soo Myung // International Journal of Management Science (12260797);Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p85
Given an undirected network with a set of source-sink pairs, we are assumed to get a benefit if a pair of source and sink nodes are connected. The k-edge survivability of a network is defined as the total benefit secured after arbitrarily selected k edges are destroyed. The problem of computing...
- ECOLLEGE.COM EXPANDS CONTRACT WITH ILLINOIS VIRTUAL HIGH SCHOOL. // District Administration;Oct2001, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p16
Reports the contract extension of eCollege.com for the Illinois Virtual High School for the online courses. Establishment of K-12 market in the higher education; Development of the online courses; Organization of the state teachers in the online education.
- RECAPTURE NETWORK VISIBILITY. Powers, Adam // Communications News;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p20
The article focuses on the growing popularity of multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) and the loss of visibility into performance and security this network architecture brings. It discusses hub-and-spoke network architectures in use prior to MPLS and traditional approaches to security including...
- Planning for Future Capacity. Mullins, Craig S. // Database Trends & Applications;Aug2006, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p26
The article reports on the database administrators (DBA) need to understand new corporate initiatives and its impact in existing infrastructure to be able to effectively perform capacity planning. It discusses how a DBA can monitor if the current infrastructure can sustain the systems workload...
- Ecollege.com Increases Offerings With New Content Providers. // Educational Marketer;10/11/99, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p3
Focuses on the online service provided by Ecollege.com that allows universities to put individual classes or their entire course offerings online.
- eCollege.com And Versaware Join In Electronic Publishing Deal. // Educational Marketer;04/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on an electronic publishing deal between eCollege.com and Versaware, an Internet and electronic publishing company.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;11/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the financial status of two companies for the third quarter ending September 30, 2000. eCollege.com; Renaissance Learning.