Segall Named Higher Education President at Blackboard
- Makers of Online Systems Merge. Borja, Rhea R. // Education Week;10/26/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
The article informs that the educational software company Blackboard Inc. announced its acquisition of its biggest rival last week, giving it the lion's share of the market for online management of higher education courses. Besides being widely used in colleges, Blackboard's online...
- Back to Schools. CODY, TAMIKA // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p22
The article offers information on the mergers and acquisition deals in the education sector, which suffered from budget cuts, uncertainty around government guidelines, and less money available to spend on higher education. It states that the private equity firm, Blackboard Inc. has agreed to...
- MGH Integrates M-H Connect on Blackboard. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the move of publisher McGraw-Hill Higher Education to collaborate with software company Blackboard Inc. in the U.S. The partnership aims to provide college students and teachers easier access and application of digital content and tools from the McGraw-Hill Connect learning...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that higher education course management software provider Blackboard Inc. in Washington, D.C. has completed the acquisition of its main rival WebCT Inc. in Lynnfield, Massachusetts in a cash transaction. Blackboard plans to upgrade its guidance including the results for WebCT.
- Blackboard Acquires Moodlerooms, NetSpot. // T H E Journal;May2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p10
The article presents news on educational technology company Blackboard's acquisitions of hosting and support systems Moodlerooms and NetSpot.
- Blackboard acquires more in open source. // e.learning age;Jun2015, p2
The article reports the acquisition by educational technology firm Blackboard as of June 2015 of Remote-Learner UK, which provides hosting, support and consulting services.
- Blackboard Seeks Reprice of $867M Loan. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p22
The article reports on the plan of higher education software firm Blackboard Inc. to reprice its loan of 867 million dollars in 2014 for the second time but retain its 2018 maturity date.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ... // Educational Marketer;5/16/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the mergers and acquisitions of educational materials companies in the U.S. including the partnership between Discovery Education Inc. and Blackboard Inc. and Jones & Bartlett Learning and Smart Sparrow.
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the 1.15 billion U.S. dollars in debt commitments received by education software maker Blackboard Inc. to finance its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners.