Interest in Data Management and Private Equity Investment Spark Activity in Acquisitions
- Time to Decompress? McFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Danielle Fugazy on the run of exits from private equity, one by Tamika Cody on how mergers and acquisitions (M&A) can solve the price erosion, and one by Jonathan Marino on initial public offerings (IPO) backlog.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/24/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 25, p47
Presents charts depicting the global investment of the private equity firms as of June 2002. Assessment of the private equity fundraising; Corporate buyout of Jefferson Smurfit by Madison Dearbon Partners; Funds for venture capital.
- Private equity in brief. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p8
The article offers news briefs related to private equity in Connecticut including the acquisition of Primacy Relocation LLC by Cartus Corp., the negotiation of Premcor Inc. former chairman Thomas O'Malley with Valero Energy Corp. to repurchase a fuel refinary operation that was gained by Valero...
- A Middle-Market M&A Explosion? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p53
Focuses on the role of private equity funds in middle-market merger and acquisition activities in 2003. Cash hoarding by private equity firms; Percentage changes in performance of middle-markets.
- The Marketplace of Ideas. Brooks, Robert // Foundry Management & Technology;Sep2007, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the acquisition of Ross Aluminum Castings by Advanced Metals Group LLC and another about the importance of private equity.
- FINANCIAL BUYERS COMING BACK. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/16/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 5, p31
The article reports that the role of financial buyers has increased recently on private equity firms.
- SPACs make Comeback. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p6
The article informs about the merger and acquisition deals secured by some private equity special purpose acquisition companies (SPAC).
- Global M&A activity down in first quarter. // Financial Management;Jun2012, p9
The article discusses how global mergers and acquisitions activity decreased sharply in the first quarter of 2012, with particularly large drops in private equity.
- Volumen 2012 verdoppelt. // Die Bank;feb2013, Issue 2, p6
The article announces that private equity-driven mergers and acquisitions in Germany have almost doubled their value in 2012 compared to the previous year.