Some recent books
Tags: BOOKS; CORRELATIVE Microscopy in Biology: Instrumentation & Methods (Book); GROWTH Factors & Other Aspects of Wound Healing (Book); CLINICAL Progress With Mitoxantrone: International Congress & Symposium Series (Book); MEDICINE
- Life Sciences. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p636
Lists books on life science. "Mechanoreceptors: Their Functional Organization," by G. N. Akoev, N. P. Alekseev and B. V. Krylov; "Growth Factors and Other Aspects of Wound Healing," edited by A. Barbul; "Microbiology," by P. A. Ketchum; "The Plant Viruses," edited by R. Koenig.
- Growth Factors & Other Aspects of Wound Healing: Biological & Clinical Implications (Book). O'Keefe, Edward // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Oct89, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p536
Reviews two books on wound healing. "Growth Factors and Other Aspects of Wound Healing: Biological and Clinical Implications," edited by Adrian Barbul, Eli Pines, Michael Caldwell, Thomas K. Hunt; "Progress in Clinical and Biological Research," vol. 266 by Alan R. Liss.
- Medicine (Book). Parker, Steve // Children's Digest;Apr/May2002, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p28
Presents information on the book 'Medicine,' by Steve Parker.
- WHERE HEALING DWELLS THE IMPORTANCE OF SACRED SPACE. Cohen, Kenneth // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p68
Presents an excerpt from the book 'Honoring the Medicine: The Essential Guide to Native American Healing.'
- Some new titles. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/13/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6318, p817
Presents several titles of books on medicine. 'Progress in Reproductive Biology. Volume 8,' edited by C. Bollack and A. Clavert; 'Revision Arthroplasty,' edited by R.A. Elson and A.D.S. Caldwell; 'Royal Society of Medicine International Congress and Symposium Series,' edited by Harold O. Conn.
- Medicine and the Media. Macpherson, Gordon; Norton, Alan; Owen, Olwen Glynn; Burne, S.R.; House, Helen // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/10/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6335, p129
Evaluates the books on medicine in Great Britain. 'Patients Rights: A Guide to the Rights and Responsibilities of Patients and Doctors in the NHS' by the National Consumer Council; 'The Human Brain' by Dick Gilling and Robin Brightwell; 'People Cope' by Jim Cowan.
- What's new in the editions? Hawkins, Clifford // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/16/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6373, p1275
Lists books on medicine. 'Smoking: Psychology and Pharmacology,' by Heather Ashton and Rob Stepney; 'Medical Physics Series,' Second Edition by D.W. Hill and A.M. Dolan; 'Lecture Notes on Endocrinology,' Third Edition by Ronald F. Fletcher.
- One Man's Burden. O'Donnell, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/27/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6392, p624
Comments on medical books associated with ferret proofing test. Details on 'Burke's Landed Gentry'; Evocations in 'The Dog Chairman'; Information on the book 'How to be an Alien'.
- Some new titles. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/17/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6395, p831
Lists several books on medicine. 'Invasive Radiology: Risks and Patient Care,' by Jeffrey S. Rose; 'Essentials of Rheumatology,' by H.L.F. Currey; 'Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases,' edited by William M. McCormick.