- Evaluating the quality and storage stability of fish burgers during frozen storage. Al-Bulushi, Ismail M.; Kasapis, Stefan; Al-Oufi, Hamed; Al-Mamari, Sultan // Fisheries Science;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p648
In an attempt to initiate seafood biotechnology in the Sultanate of Oman, Middle East, using underutilized fish, fish burgers from two different formulas were developed and the quality and storage stability were evaluated during storage atâˆ’20Â°C for 3 months. Quality and storage...
- From hooked to cooked. // Consumer Reports;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p28
Discusses various stages in which seafood can be spoiled and offers advice on how to prepare fish. Problems which can occur on the boat, such as waiting too long before the fish is put in ice; How fish can get to warm while on display in stores; Advice to store fish in ice on the way home from...
- WHO IS TALKING TRIPE NOW? Palmer, Roy // Professional Fisherman;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p14
Points out that the rumor that seafood sticks are made from tripe is erroneous because these are made from surimi, refined fish meat which was turned into a paste or gel. Freezing of the gel into blocks that are then manufactured into many surimi products by specialist operators; Origins of...
- FEEL GOOD FISH. Walter, Cindy; Walter, Ted // Bon Appetit;Jan2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p90
The article features the health benefits of eating fish and offers tips in fish cookery. Eating fish is undeniably delicious and brings lots of health benefits. Cooking fish can also convenient for families since it can be cooked in various ways, like frying and grilling. According to...
- Fish. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/10/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4509, p56
The article deals with the prices and supply of fish and seafood products in Great Britain. Bad weather and a poor forecast for the week of January 13, 2008 means fish are few and expensive. There are still good anchovies arriving from the West Country, especially as some specialist sprat and...
- What's the Catch? Wadyka, Sally // Runner's World;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses the health risks associated with sea food.
- Verkaufsschlager aus dem Nordpazifik. Heimig, Dieter // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/7/2013, Issue 23, p040
An article is presented on the consumption of fish in Germany, offering statistics on the amount of fish eaten by the average German annually and discussing the Alaskan sea salmon industry.
- Stone Crabs. // Southern Living;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p21
The article presents information on several restaurants which serve dishes which feature stone crabs and other seafood, including Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe in Nags Head, North Carolina, Key Colony Inn Restaurant & Lounge in Key Colony Beach, Florida and Big Sam's Inlet Cafe and Raw Bar in Rudee...
- Fresh Factor. Cohen, Rachel A. // Boating;Apr2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p46
Presents guidelines on how to determine if the fish one is considering buying is fresh enough for consumption.