Cal, EPA paint facilities 'green.'
- THE PUBLIC MANAGEMENT STRATEGY OF AGENT ASCENDANCY IN THE U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. Emison, Gerald Andrews // Engineering Management Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p11
Agent ascendancy increases agent employment to conduct work previously conducted by government. This article examines the extent and nature of agent ascendancy in the activities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Examining patterns of budget appropriation categories finds...
- Twitterpated. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the author's use of a Twitter account to promote Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley.
- Taking on Trash. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on an approach established by Cal Dining at the University of California, Berkeley minimize food waste during meal preparation by tracking the amount of waste generated, which will modify the way food purchases are made.
- Vegan victory on campus. Parr, Jan // Vegetarian Times;Apr95, Issue 212, p19
Reports on how students at the University of California in Berkeley have successfully petitioned for improved vegetarian options in the university's dining halls. Involvement of the two campus groups, Students in Support of Animals and the Coalition of Students for Healthy Dorm Food, in the...
- Zapping worms the organic way. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov/Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p16
Offers information on a virus found in fruits. Target of this virus; Virus discovered by University of California researchers; Development of virus-laden spray for farmers; Spray developed by entomologist Louis Falcon; Approval of pesticide; By Environmental Protection Agency; Reactions of...
- Sex changes and EPA wrapped up in atrazine war. Bennett, Chris // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/21/2012, p11
The article discusses the findings of UC Berkeley professor Tyrone Hayes on the perils of using atrazine in crops and farm. Hayes claims that atrazine can cause cancer in animals and humans. The findings led to a series of review of the chemical by the US Environmental Protection Agency....
- Panel's report calls for statute. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;09/15/97, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p2
Presents information on the National Academy of Public Administration report of September 10, 1997, which calls for an integrated environmental statute that that cuts across fragmented air, water and waste programs. Information on the panel that drafted the report; Detailed information on the...
- EPA overhaul? // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p38
Reports on the National Academy of Public Administration's call for the overhaul of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Study questioning EPA's operation.
- EPA reforms fail to impress. // Government Executive;Nov97, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the insufficiency of administrative reforms at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) according to study findings from the National Academy of Public Administration. Failure of the EPA's reform projects to produce measurable results; Identification of environmental programs that...