Healthy Eating is a Virtue
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- Dietiticians can help hospitals avoid situations that lead to malnutrition. Levenson, Deborah // AHA News;06/14/99, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p5
Reports the results of a study which suggested that dietitians can help hospitals avoid situations that lead to malnutrition. Benefits of medical nutrition therapy; Recommendations from the researchers; Legislation introduced by Senator Jeff Bingaman and Representative Nancy Johnson.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p14
Reports developments related to restaurants in the U.S. as of July 2002. Implementation of nutrition and Headstart programs; Opening of fast-food franchises on hospitals; Expansion of foodservice outlets.
- In Memoriam. // Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice & Research;Summer2014, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p88
No abstract available.
- Hospitals Serving Up Fast Food Send the Wrong Message. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Reports the presence of fast food restaurants in a sample of hospitals in the U.S., according to researchers at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Sample of hospitals with fast food chains at the site; Concerns of lead researcher Peter Cram.
- Castle Rock's Heavenly Manna. // Food Management;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses the introduction of the multi platform food service hospital food service concept Manna being planned by the U.S.-based Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, which will include several elements such as restaurant, convenience stores and room service.
- Bryden Bistro, Mount Carmel St. Ann's Hospital. Rogan, Emily // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the renovation at Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Hospital in Westerville, Ohio, which include the creation of Bryden Bistro on-site eatery that offers room service to patients, staff and guests.
- Critical decision. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p23
Reports on key issues concerning food service options and operations for hospitals in the U.S. Terms of contracts between hospitals and fast-food chains; Sales and revenue from food service in hospitals; Unhealthy perceptions concerning hospital food service.
- Small but Flavorful. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on serving small portion servings in foodservice settings in the U.S. It reports that the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas serves three to four-ounce servings of proteins which is appropriate amount for patients according to its Foodservice Director, Mary Spicer....